How This Edtech Startup Is Revolutionising School Admissions in India

We hear stories about parents waking up at dawn and standing in serpentine queues for a school application form for their kids. From reserving their place in the queues to spending long hours there with stocked food supplies, it is often a strenuous exercise for parents to get their child enrolled into a school of their choice. The conundrum of school selection gets messier when neighbours and relatives offer their piece of advice. While the web is flooded with suggestions, it doesn’t necessarily offer the right guidance and ends up confusing parents on school selection for their child.

Just 3 Simple Steps: Search, Compare, Apply

To bridge this gap in the EdTech sector, a Bangalore-based start-up has been creating waves with their unique platform. Edvantage Point (EP) is a search platform that helps students and parents pick the best education institute from across the country. This platform allows them to compare schools based on the type of board, locality, fee and other parameters. It also offers online enquiry service and online admission process. On the other hand, the start-up also partners with education institutes and helps them get discovered online. This way, the company helps institutes digitise their admission process as well as builds a modern and mobile-ready online presence for them.

The start-up which took shape in 2017 in the IT Hub of India, has made a significant impact in India, with over 6,000 verified schools partnering with them. For every school added on the platform, the company follows a rigorous verification process and obtains legal consent from the school to share information with parents. Since education institutes rely on several vendors/service providers to run their schools/colleges effectively, Edvantage Point eases their burden and connects them with the appropriate service providers.

According to Seliha Muvva, founder and CEO of Edvantage Point, the company has addressed queries of thousands of parents who have enquired about education institutes within the country and abroad as well. “The type of enquiries range from mid-term admissions due to transfers, shifting from one School Board to another, institutes that fit the best for international students moving to India and other such doubts. In addition, Our Career Advice Team and Counsellors address and resolve queries from students who write to us from across India.”

Edvantage Point Technologies Pvt. Ltd is backed by acore team of investors from IIM Bangalore and IIM Calcuttaas well as education enthusiasts from different fields. This pan-India search platform is built with technologies that use analytics and machine learning to understand the needs of visitors or users in order to improve their experience.

“Our aim is to evolve into India’s largest marketplace in the education domain – finding, delivering and sharing education requirements – where edvantagepoint.combecomes every parent’s “go-to” platform for their children’s education needs,” shares Seliha, who has donned several roles – a teacher, coordinator, marketing faculty, fundraiser and event organiser – in the field of education for several years.  

NOTE: Call Edvantage Point Team at 080-88468846 or write to info@edvantagepoint.com for suggestions, queries & clarifications.