This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Khushi Namdev. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

I Write So That I Can Help Motivate Students And Their Parents

More from Khushi Namdev

Editor's note: Youth Ki Awaaz has turned 12, and this post is a part of #WhyIWrite, a campaign to celebrate Youth Ki Awaaz users who have spoken up about issues that matter to them. If you'd like to share what motivates you to write, publish your story here!

Everyone in the world has some or the other passion in a particular field. It is my passion to write about things, and I have been writing on different topics since 2015. In 2016, when a student opened up about his depression, I wrote a letter to help him overcome the fear of failure.

Since then, most of my articles have been on education. The best thing about all this is that I actually like it when people discuss their problems with me, because sometimes, the words from a mentor can be magical.

These days, I find a lot of students suffering from depression due to the marks they score in their exams. In my opinion, they are actually depressed due to their parents and neighbours who keep comparing their wards with the others, without knowing that both the sun and moon shine on a person only when it’s their time.

Today, I’m here to let the people and students know something they probably haven’t noticed. However, if they have noticed it, I would suggest them to work on it.

With the condition of the students in mind, many Bollywood producers and directors have made films so that students and their parents can be motivated.

Inspirational Bollywood Movies

Bollywood has given us a number of inspirational movies for students and parents so that they can understand each other. Some of these movies are “Udaan”, “Bhaag Milkha Bhaag”, “3 Idiots”, “Chak De! India” and “Taare Zameen Par”. These movies are full of motivation for students who can learn a lot from them.

My message to all parents is: do not underestimate your children. Maybe they can do something that nobody can. Please do not force them just to be doctors or engineers or something that only you want. If every parent had thought like this, there would be no actors, sportspersons, athletes, singers, movie producers, musicians and so on.

I am a person with a Pollyanna attitude towards everything. I have been mentoring students for a long time on Quora. My message to all students is that they should not be angered by the things that their parents say seriously. After all, they are investing a lot of money on your education and in helping you choose a career in which you will likely succeed. If you think that you are better at something else, say it clearly to them and go for it.

_

Featured image used for representative purposes only.

More from Khushi Namdev

By Nitya Singh

By Vivek Pandey

By Disha Sharma