This Organisation Is Fighting Against All Odds, To Give Children A Better Life

“The greatest legacy one can pass on to one’s children and grandchildren is not money or other material things accumulated in one’s life, but rather a legacy of character and faith.” — Billy Graham, evangelist

Every morning as the rays shine over the temple of education at Sector 31, NOIDA, young students raise their hands and offer a ‘Namaskaram’ to the Sun, then they join their hands and pray for better opportunities and a happier tomorrow. Sandhya Randev , Shekhar Randev and Padma Sharma wake up every morning to answer these kids’ prayers and give them hope for a brighter future. They have managed to keep these kids in school, spending every ounce of their energy on learning and playing rather than being out on the streets while their parents earn a living.

Over the summer, these kids were given classes on school subjects such as Mathematics, Sanskrit, Science and English as well as other classes on Spoken English, Disciplinary Training, Self Defence, Dance, Art and Craft, Yoga and Singing. We also held career counselling workshops each day for a week where the children got to interact with an Air Force Pilot, doctors, teachers, a multimedia personality, an IT professional, a Naval Officer and a chartered accountant. A workshop by a gynecologist teaching girls about personal hygiene and menstrual health was held. We invited a dietitian and dentist who taught the students about having a good diet and healthy teeth. We organized an environmental week in which students made paper/cloth bags and posters encouraging people to not use polythene bags; we had a plantation drive where students planted trees in their school. They learnt to recycle and create less waste. They had a class on eliminating exam anxiety and stress conducted by Jyoti Chauthaiwale. Healthy competition was encouraged among the students by holding a poster making and Mehndi competition. The kids also enjoyed their month-long training for a football match organised in the school playground.

On the June 21, our organisation will celebrate International Yoga Day and serve lunch to all the students.

On  24 June the team running this Summer Program has organised a grand finale at Saraswati Shishu Mandir Sector 12 wherein these kids will perform various dances, songs and skits for their parents.

Unfortunately, this same program cannot be promised to these kids for their next Summer holidays. Lack of monetary funds have proved to be a hindrance in their lives yet again. To ensure that the underprivileged in your city get good opportunities and a good education we encourage you to join our initiative and support us. These kids are no longer confined to a single area in the city instead they are active Indian citizens who deserve the best of this country.

If you’d like to help us with our event on the 24th or donate to our charity, please contact us at 9810493722