Northern India Faces Apocalypse-Like Situation Due To Rising Pollution Levels

Posted by kanika Mehta in Environment, News
June 19, 2018

The northern states of the country recently faced an apocalypse-like situation where the sun could not be seen for three consecutive days. According to the Chandigarh Pollution Committee, the Air Quality Index was recorded at 858 which was way above the previously recorded value of 375 in November, indicating the seriousness of the situation.

Earlier this month, storms swayed across the states of Haryana, Delhi and Rajasthan. This even led to the schools across Haryana being closed down for two days.

With all this coming into the picture, it has become evident that the atrocities the environment has faced at the hands of humans are already beginning to reflect in these harmful outcomes. Terms like global warming that we only thought to be scientific theories are turning into reality and stand in front of us today as these potentially disastrous calamities.

Perhaps mother nature has already had enough and it’s just an expression of her fury. It is a now or never kind of situation, indicating that it is high time that we stop shirking our duties before nature shows her full might in exchange for the assaults she has faced at our hands.