This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Shakeel Anjum. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Women Are Easy Prey To Cyber Crimes

More from Shakeel Anjum

WOMEN ARE EASY PREY TO CYBER CRIMES

Types of cyber-crimes against women:

1. Defamation

Cyber defamation is publishing of defamatory material against another person with the help of computers or internet. If someone publishes some defamatory statement about some other person on a website or send emails containing defamatory material to other persons with the intention to defame the other person about whom the statement has been made would amount to cyber defamation.

2. Cyber stalking

Cyberstalking is a crime in which the attacker harasses a victim using electronic communication, such as e-mail or instant messaging (IM), or messages posted to a Web site or a discussion group. Acyberstalker relies upon the anonymity afforded by the Internet to allow them to stalk their victim without being detected.

3. Harassment via mails

Cyber harassment refers to online harassment. Cyber harassment or bullying is the use of email, instant messaging, and derogatory websites to bully or otherwise harass an individual or group through personal attacks

4. Cyber pornography

Cyberpornography is the act of using cyberspace to create, display, distribute, import, or publish pornography or obscene materials, especially materials. Cyberpornography is a criminal offense, classified as causing harm to persons.

5. Morphing

Morphing is a special effect in motion pictures and animations that changes one image or shape into another. Most often it is used to depict one person turning into another.

6. Email spoofing

Email spoofing is the forgery of an email header so that the message appears to have originated from someone or somewhere other than the actual source. Email spoofing is a tactic used in phishing and spam campaigns because people are more likely to open an email when they think it has been sent by a legitimate source.

7. Cyber bulling.

the use of electronic communication to bully a person, typically by sending messages of an intimidating or threatening nature.

Women are constantly being victimized of malicious crimes in this virtual world. Although cyber security agencies are making all possible attempts to stop the rising crime and to put the criminals behind the bars. To combat these situations effectively, cyber awareness is necessary. There is a need to spread cyber awareness among those crimes and criminal methods among women. Senior citizens need to be educated.

On social networking site Facebook, you like and shares comments and pictures by your friends and relatives with great enthusiasm. But some of your these shares can be dangerous for you. There are some hackers on the posts and pictures you post and share on the social networking site. These hackers change the picture or post you have liked, and replace them with objectionable content, which causes women’s defamation.

Important tips:

1. Women should not accept the friend request of a person whom they do not know. In the real world that you know and believe, make them friends in the virtual world. Do not share your personal information or photos in any situation on the Internet or on cyberspace.

2. In public places women should be especially careful that there is no camera or audio recording device anywhere. They should also protect themselves against unsolicited and repeated SMS, email, calls, and friend requests.

3. Mobile number must also be protected.

4. If needed, they should inform the cyber security person or the security agency about this. Police and cyber security agencies are for your service. It is their duty to solve your security concerns.

1. Divya Samriti Dhatwalia

This article talks about Cybercrimes against the women. Types of cyber-crimes against women and also provides certain measures which women should take to prevent such crimes. These crimes are Defamation which means publishing a defamatory material against another person, Cyber stalking where the attacker stalks the victim through online communications and harassing women by morphing and bullying her. These crimes also includes pornography and E-mail Spoofing. There are certain steps which we must take in order to prevent ourselves from these crimes which involve not accepting unknown person’s friend requests, not sharing our contact details and by being careful in public places.

2. Ankit Srivastava

In this editorial, Shakeel states about cyber crimes against women. He also mentioned the types of cyber crimes which is happening now a days which is affecting women and how we can protect them.

3. Tejaswini Prasad

Such a scary scneario but thankfully these days the criminals are nabbed faster than they can escape!
    With cyber crime sleuths monitoring the scene, all it takes is just one complaint against the perpetrator and he’ll be made to regret his fool hardiness!

Excellent work there, Mr. Shakeel! thank you for being the whistle-blower of such crimes.

4. JOANNA JOSHUA

Social networking’s tremendous growth has created a breeding ground for hackers to engage in cybercrime. The cyber spaces are giving an opportunity to other person to see what is happening in others life. The interconnectivity of social media means it is a perfect hunting ground for illegal activity, and increasingly people are realising that their “friend” many not actually be their friend but a criminal. This not only happens to women but also happens to men.
    steps must be taken to curb these crimes and all 8 important data protection obligations – Fair and reasonable processing, Purpose limitation, Collection limitation, Lawful processing, Notice, Data quality, Data storage limitation, Accountability must be complied with.

5. Pallabipaulkxj

In this editorial ,all the cyber offences against the women are mention.Excellent work sir.

6. Anushka Singh

This is a cruel reality that mostly the women’s are triggered in the society ans this article has beautifully explained that.

7. Anushka Singh

This is a cruel reality of the society that mostly women’s are triggered in the society and this article has beautifully explained this.

8. Mariyam 549

Yes it is true that women are more subjected to such crimes because of the patriarchal nature of the society, where women are treated like an object rather than a living being. In such a scenario, it is the duty of the government and the respective authorities to see into this and make it easier for women to go out and work. It’s not about a woman being extra cautious all the time, because that is not possible.
    This article explains about all the cyber crimes a woman faces in detail and is well presented.

9. rajeshwari patidar

Cyber crimes against women are on the raise and women have been drastically victimized in the cyberspace. Some perpetrators try to defame women by sending obscene e-mails, stalking women by using chat rooms, websites etc, where women are depicted in compromising positions mostly created without their consent, spoofing e-mails, morphing of images. This article clearly defines what are the cyber crimes that women most commonly faces how women’s easily fall for the traps.

10. Athira Suresh

It is a very sad fact to know that woman are being more victimised to this.

11. @amanporwal75

Spreading this article to everyone it contains good information.

12. Megha Malhotra

Absolutely true sir!
    Women are being the hot target for the cyber criminals. Almost all of the Cybercrimes take place for demeaning the women, insulting them and threatening them. Articles like this helps creating awareness among the society and specially women by providing ways and means to protect themselves from cybercrimes.

13. Shivani Sangwan

Although we talk about women empowerment and equality but still women remains the one to suffer the most in an Indian society. The article above is a good depiction of the sufferings of women in the cyber world and is very well presented.

14. Kajal Sharma

This article actually depicts true picture of present scenario, so helpful

15. sneha khandelwal

Women have been target since ages and will continue to be.. and now criminals are getting an easy platform to harass or do crime against them, which are all clearly mentioned in the article. Equality in this matter could never be justified . Therefore, it becomes very much necessary to provide special protection to womens. This article focuses the cyber crime against women and the precautions which they can take. Also giving them the basic knowledge about do’s and don’t.

16. Ananya Yadav

The concept of women empowerment will be fragmentary until it is extended to every possible platforms. Unfortunately, women have been the center of the cyber crimes since last few years. Cases like morphed photos, bullying, abusing are coming forward on a daily basis. In such scenarios it is mandatory to create awareness among women about their rights and legalities of such crimes. This article is quite helpful in doing the aforesaid.

17. nandini agarwal

In today’s world,it is important to create awareness among women’s of the society in respect of their rights and privileges. This article defines Various crimes been done against women’s. Women’s must be made aware about certain things in order to prevent them. Therefore,it becomes necessary to provide protection to the women’s. Take various steps to promote welfare and awareness in the society.

18. Sushali Sinha

As we know excess of anything is bad, similarly using internet anonymously in order to harm someone and harass them is also increasing day by day. With more and more bloggers and influencers making way for themselves, especiallyt the female inflencers are targeted and used as a medium to generate unwanted pictures and ultimately they become victims of cyberstalking and morphing. Also due to the fear of getting defamed, they dont stand out for oneself and remain silent which is not a solution for this. Avoiding cybercrime could lead to give more and more freedom to the cyber criminals. This post is really helpful for them to understand that cyber security is a must for everyone in this digitalised world.

19. Bhumanjay Tomar

Itz really very helpful for a women to be must aware of these various policies

N able to get justice through various beneficiaries policies mentioned under indian penal code n women protection act.
    Like defamation,adultery etc.

If anything happened to her they can take help or call women helpline no to ensure early justice available to them but one must be aware of it then it only benefits.

N requested to all of u to teach at ur homes n neighbourhood so if anything happened to her they can get justice soon .

20. deepak purohit

Hello, I am Deepak Purohit
    ‘savdhaani hati durghatna ghati’ the article talks about this all the one who is careful and have knowledge of the things happening around in both the real as well as online world is the only one who can protect himself and others. Mostly women they should take extra care and precaution not just of being a female but in a country where the dignity and respect of women is never considered anything less so as the duty of the country and it’s people women safety in both the real world and online world is a duty of us as well of them to be acknowledged and informed about all this problems of cyber world.

21. Kriti Sharma

Women are considered as an easy target by the predators. So, it is very important for women to know about these crimes so that they can take proper precautions and steps to help themselves and others.
    This article is of great help for women who are new to this cyber world.
    Very well structured article.

22. Devyash Jain

It is a well-known fact that women are not safe in India.This is not limited to real world,but also the virtual world of internet.Women are subject harassment, defamation and everything that this article talks about.It is very important to educate the women and make them understand about their rights and protections available,in case they are subject to any of the above mentioned abuses.

23. Saurabh Bhandari

Very well written and inclusion of sections along with the offences is a good decision.
    Informative article

24. HARSHADA NANDESHWAR

Very much useful women…..They are more prone cyber crimes…. Especially listed above….

25. Sakshi Sachan

Very well written and very informative article. A lot of people don’t know or realise the ways in which they can be victims of cyber crimes. Good article

More from Shakeel Anjum

By gunn jain

By Tuhina Tuhi

By Tuhina Tuhi