This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Amrita Mazumder (Amrita Mazumder). Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Higher Studies in India and Edvizo

After completing secondary education, students go for an optional post-secondary third level higher education. This often impinges on their careers and near future achievements. The decision about higher education and the courses are often taken by students and parents at the secondary level of their school education. A large amount of emphasis in tertiary level education lies in science and technology in India as we can see from a large number of technical institutions throughout the country. Often, families being from the middle-class socioeconomic status, tend to choose careers which are more professional than academic, keeping in mind the placements promised by the respective institutes and their courses. Time and again, it is seen that the students are first generation learners in their families so proper career decisions and the right choice becomes a very important issue. Although the boost in IT sectors has forced young minds in a linear path of engineering and technology, with no choice of discovering and using their passion and their potential in other careers, students and parents still tend to choose these courses.

With popular demand and public sentiments, parents opting to make their children study in a premier engineering or medical college, many coaching institutions have cropped up throughout the recent decades. They promise to cater to the needs of the students, to coach them for the entrance examinations and to strengthen in the minds of their students, the value of the courses they chose to study in their near future. These coaching institutes not only demand a very hefty fee but also take in students in herds in order to ‘teach’ them to ‘excel’ in the respective entrance tests, knowing very properly the limited amount of seats in the colleges teaching the courses. The institutions do not counsel students and parents about the reality of these examinations.

The decision to pursue engineering or medicine is made right after 10th level (secondary) examinations and students flock to these institutes to get admission. Although these institutions boast great teachers, they become incapable of dealing with the problems of individual students and thus those students lag behind. A very famous institute like this has surfaced in Rajasthan, and it seems to be the aspirants’ first choice. This institute has an environment of cut-throat competition and, as acknowledged by their students, divides them into groups and batches according to their academic ability. Many students, brilliant though they are, few being toppers in their respective schools, cannot perform well in the assessments and mock tests. This along with parental pressure severely affects the morale of the students. This institute, and many other institutes like this, lack in the facility of counselling of sad, depressed and often demotivated students. Edvizo, a revolution in the Indian education system, has made things easier for students by providing free anonymous counselling to students.

Students determined to study medicine or engineering know how nerve cracking and hectic the preparation years are. Owing to the limited number of seats and a large number of students willing to take these examinations, aspirants face a lot of difficulties, not only in their studies but also in their personal life. Edvizo caters to the needs of the students where they can share their problems. Edvizo also assists in career counselling and hold motivational sessions for the students.

Often due to the bulky fee, parents take a substantial amount of loans. The fee is either paid at one time or is divided into two or three instalments. Many families are incapable of paying such an amount of money in two or three instalments so Edvizo grants an opportunity for the parents to pay their fees on ‘EMI’ basis.

Often, meritorious students from economically backward families, willing to join such institutions are unable to do so mainly because of the fees charged by these institutions. Edvizo is doing a fantastic job in this field by providing financial assistance to such students through various types of scholarships which encourage such brilliant young minds to study without thinking about the economic shackles which bow them down.

Improvement of the education system requires digitalization, which premier institutes of India lack. Edvizo has improved the institutes’ way of performance and management of different day to day tasks by providing free IMS management solutions to over 900 institutions in 5 cities of India who were not capable of purchasing it.

Edvizo has been doing a wonderful job in revolutionizing how parents and students see higher education in India and all of this is done free of cost. Initially providing its facilities in Pune, Jaipur, Kota, Hyderabad and Patna, Edvizo has a listing of 1700 different institutions in their website. Edvizo is guided by two prominent and experienced personalities in the field of education, retired professor of IIT Kanpur, HC Verma and director of IIT Guwahati, Gautam Biswas.

Students must be given liberty of choice of their careers and an opportunity to think beyond the ordinary and imagine themselves on the peak of their career mountain and as Edvizo founder Mr Ravi Nishant believe, students must be given an opportunity to show their willingness and talent in whichever field of study they are passionate about.

More from Amrita Mazumder (Amrita Mazumder)

By a1ketobhbmj

By Akash Raj

By Krishna Kant Tripathi