This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by akriti. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

In A World Obsessed With Science, It’s Time To Honour Your Imagination

More from akriti

Before I can talk about the terms “imagination” and “intelligence”, let us talk about human existence. It is said we were created in the ‘image’ of God, and so we must have the desire to be like God. When we contain and express Him, we are fulfilling the meaning of our existence. Without receiving Him, we have no expression for God.

Since childhood, we had the sweet enchantment of narration by our grandparents, who told us the stories of the Queen and the King. You would start with imagination, and make an effort in forming the whole story. Likewise our life, and having a holistic view of things, is dependent on each part of our imagination is important.

Therefore, imagination is a process of evolving through the stages of life. It is more or less related to visualising things that might be beyond one’s physical limitations. Somewhere, imagination helps us to apply our knowledge, to know about our selves, to look more closely at our own thoughts and perceptions.

The world is transforming into one dependent on scientific thought. The primary necessity is to keep pace parallel to non-fiction narratives which substantiate the knowledge we have.

Consider this: podcast services in India are facilitated by one’s imagination of the world, by different perceptions of reality. Generally, we emphasise on dramatisation than on narration. Assumption is yet another form of imagination, which creates new opportunities to see things in different ways in this scientific world.

Knowledge is limited whereas imagination embraces the entire world,” said Albert Einstein.

Our imagination is based in a set context of what we experience or what we desire to be. Our intrapersonal and interpersonal surroundings shape the power of our imagination. Here we indeed find the cycle of nature that society has been forcing itself upon.

Imagining a conclusion to the practices of society and converting those into action is part of what we do with our knowledge. In this way, neither imagination nor knowledge can work in isolation.

Honour your imagination!

1. Kinsu Kumar

Great start for your writing. keep it up
    waiting for more to come.

More from akriti

By Geetika Gaurav

By Megh Mandaliya