This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by DreamHolidays. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Monsoon the best season to explore the natural beauty in Kerala

More from DreamHolidays

Travelling is one thing that anyone would love except for the elderly peoples and some people with ailments and discomforts in travelling. As far as it is concerned about youngsters like me travelling have always been a passion. Exploring the unexplored land and experiencing thing that I have never experienced were all things that I love the most about tours and trips. Like all know monsoon it the time was we students get the freedom to roam around without any stress of school, colleges and exams and according to me, it is one of the best time of the year to enjoy a nature’s trip. Even though most of the places would be wet, nature is at its best during the season. In addition, the travel rates would be the least during the monsoon which is an added advantage for solo travellers like me. When it is about monsoon travelling, Kerala to the south is one of the best and most preferred travel destinations. With all the beauty of nature, hills, and valleys, Kerala is one state that entices and enchants travellers with its beauty and charm.

With the pollutant settled down with the rain, the valleys of the state exhibit the true beauty and rich greenery of the land. Apart from the increasing beauty of nature during monsoon, there are a number of other things that support the fact the monsoon season is most preferable for solo travellers like the cheap tour package rates to travel destinations in Kerala and the availability of special monsoon offers and discounts which are offered by travel operators like the Dream Holidays. Most of the destinations included in the monsoon packages are hill stations and wildlife destinations as these are best places in Kerala that one could explore during the monsoon. Listed below are some of the best monsoon destinations that I would prefer to explore and the best attractions in the land.

The misty hills of Munnar

kerala trip honeymoon package

To the Western Ghats, Munnar is one of the most explore travel destinations in Kerala. Being a land mostly referred to as the traveller’s paradise, the travel rates to these misty hills are mostly high except for the monsoon season. Monsoon is mostly referred to as the season of ailment and this is one reason that the rate of travellers touring to the hills decreases. Most of the travel packages organised to Munnar during the monsoon would be very less and cheap as it is the off-season where travellers would be less. The accommodation rates at the hotels are also very less as compared to the seasonal price. One of the best attractions in Munnar during the monsoon is the beauty of the tea plantations that exhibits its true greenery. There are a number of destinations like the top station, eco-point, Munnar tea museum and tea plantations that one could explore while touring to the hills during the monsoon season.

The wilderness of Wayanad

Wayanad is a place which is blessed with a scenic climate and the monsoon season in this fascinating forest destination would be freezing and very cold. Most of the travel destinations in Wayanad like the Wayanad sanctuary would have a very different climate throughout the day which includes mist and slight drizzling that would add to the mood in the paradise. One of the added attraction of the monsoon trip to Wayanad the treetop stays which would available at a very cheap rate where travellers could experience the forest and the wilderness from a closer distance. Lucky travellers can even spot some of the wildlife in the place which would offer you a very different and unique experience of the wilderness in Kerala. Some of the best travel destinations and attractions of Wayanad that one could explore while being in the land includes the Soojipara waterfalls, the cave, the sanctuary and the forest destinations in the land. Travellers could explore the forest to its best by enjoying an off-road jeep ride.

The complex inland waters of Alleppey

Backwaters are one of the most unique attractions in Kerala which fascinates and attracts the travellers to a greater extent. Alleppey is one of the most known and well explore backwater destination in Kerala which is mostly referred to as the inland water paradise. The monsoon also offers a number of advantages to the travellers visiting the land which includes the cheap rated houseboat packages and travel packages. In addition, the monsoon is the season of the festival in the backwater destinations of Kerala. Travellers from different parts of the world visit the backwaters of karaka during the monsoon just to get indulged in the seasonal celebrations of the land like the snake boat race, the Onam festival and the harvesting festival. With all the beauty of nature and seasonal treasures, the backwater destinations could be best explored during the monsoon season.

The rich green valleys of Vagamon

Vagamon is a place located to the western ghats of Kerala which is known to house some of the best valleys and coffee plantations in the land. The monsoon not just adds in the beauty of the valleys in the place but also covers the place in mist setting up a cloudy atmosphere in the place which is perfect for honeymoon couples and newlyweds. The valleys of Vagamon could be best explored during monsoon with the place carpeted in emerald green.

It is mainly due to cheap travel cost to the best attractions of Kerala and the easy availability of accommodations and tour packages at a low price that most of the travellers choose to trip during the monsoon seasons. Moreover, most of the travel destination in Kerala houses the best herbal treatment centres and according to Ayurveda monsoon is one of the best time to enjoy an Ayurvedic treatment as during the season the body pores will open and ready to take in the medicines thus giving out the best results. In addition, monsoon Ayurvedic packages are also made available by the state tourism department to increase the flow of travellers during the season. With some of the best discounts and offers monsoon is one of the best times of the year when you get to explore the true virgin beauty of nature at a very cheap and affordable rate.

More from DreamHolidays

By Prabhanu Kumar Das