This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by SakshiJain01. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Smartphone Addiction: How It is impacting lives?

As per ‘States of Digital Lifestyles’ report, the majority of Indians can not give up on their phones for a day. Almost 2-3rd of Indians cannot go a single day without their mobile according to the research with Indian consumers ranking second for being a phone addicted, Malaysia is on lead. Mobile phones are highly used in digital devices. Laptops and computers are 2nd most used digital devices.

According to 93% of the Indian mobile consumers, digital technology has positively impacted their lives. Only 11 percent to 25 percent of Japanese and German believes that digital technology has positively impacted their lives.

Has anyone ever given a thought that how this mobile addiction is making our lives worse? Excessive use of a smartphone can cause stress and other health problems. Many studies have revealed that mobile phone emits radiation which affects the human health with time. Continuous use of smartphone leads to irritation. The question arises why people use the smartphone too much? The smartphone brings happiness to the people which they are lacking in the real world. The gadget is more likely used by people who suffer from loneliness or introvert people. They avoid real-life socialization and make mobile as the part of their lives. Shy people use a smartphone to make a relationship with other people.

Nomophobia is a term used for “fear of being out of mobile phone contact”. 58 percent of men and 46% women suffer from nomophobia. Have you listened to the word “Phantom Vibration”? I bet you have felt this situation when you feel like your phone is vibrating even it’s not.

Smartphone has ended the real social life and socialization has moved to Facebook. The average person checks his phone 110 times/day. A person checks his smartphone when there is nothing else to do. It has become our life’s companion. We need our smartphone while sleeping right next to us or going to the bathroom.

I would like to discuss the hot topic “How parents excessive usage of smartphone impacting their children lives?” 40% mothers and 32% of mothers accept the phone addiction and they cannot resist checking message, responding call, emails. Less interaction between the parents and children are termed as a “technoference” due to excess usage of the digital device. The poor behavior of children is caused due to excess usage of the mobile phone by mother because mothers are more close to their children as compared to father.

There was an observation placed in the restaurant and it was analyzed that parents spend their most of the time in using mobile instead of communicating with their children.

Yes, it’s not possible to completely get rid of mobile phone addiction but one can start by taking small steps.

Analyze how much digital interaction is actually required. Refrain yourself from using a mobile phone while eating or spending time with your children. Getting a real alarm clock will surely help you to avoid using your phone in the morning. Focus on a real communication instead of digital communication.

Created by SakshiJain01

Should we do "Try a no phone day in a week."

Conclusion: It is impossible to totally avoid mobile phones from your daily life but yes, it is possible to reduce the usage of mobile phone. One should be careful while using a mobile phone. On an average, every person has 2 mobile phones. Do you also have a phone with no use? Sell your old phone.

More from SakshiJain01

By ISHLEEN KAUR

By bigbull

By bigbull