This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Siddhesh Jain. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Online Jobs Are A Solution To India’s Ever-Worsening State Of Unemployment

It’s no secret that India is still grappling with an ever-increasing sad state of unemployment despite being a robust global economy. It has been anticipated that India will soon be a strong global economy in the long run, but the real signs on the ground tell a different story. Unemployment, gender and social inequalities, and primarily lack of reliable income opportunities are without a doubt the major hindrances to the country’s goal of becoming an economic superpower.

Soaring Unemployment and Gender Inequality

Despite what we read about the greatness of our country, the truth is that there are never enough jobs to go around. The considerable number of educated graduates pounding the streets in search of employment keeps growing by the day. The biggest tragedy is the level of discrimination against women in workplaces. It is the 21st century yet women still wait to be paid as much as men.

Discrimination is best exemplified by the existence of a culture that promotes wage inequalities based on gender. India was ranked 108 out of 144 in the 2017 Global Gender Gap Index. We ranked 131 in the Gender Inequality Index. Why was this so? It’s without doubt due to the existing almost formalised pay gap inequality and lack of women in workplaces while millions of educated women are condemned to taking care of household chores.

Young, educated women are less likely to get employment than their male counterparts. According to a recent report by the Financial Express, women with higher secondary education have an unemployment rate of 77.3% while employment rate among similarly educated men lies at 54.4%. Remember those who are lucky to get a job still have to suffer the indignity of unequal pay. The situation is a clear reflection of the Forbes 2018 athletes list which didn’t feature a single female.

What about retirees and seniors who can no longer fend for themselves through menial labour? They too are finding it difficult to get by on whatever meagre resources the government has made available to them. It is more saddening that the lack of job opportunities exists in a country where living costs are skyrocketing by the day. It is becoming increasingly hard to get by without a reliable source of income.

The Online Solution

So, what’s the way forward? In my honest opinion, the country will only grow its economy by empowering its workforce. The economy improves when everyone has a chance to earn a decent income. Online jobs have come as a blessing to the majority of people struggling to make ends meet. The beauty of online work opportunities is that they don’t discriminate based on age or gender and provide anyone with internet access with a reliable means of earning money.

As the world becomes more digitised, online jobs will be a significant economic driver for the country. They’ll boost India’s economy because people will earn more cash and subsequently spend more.

The date November 8, 2016, will forever remain one of the most important days in my life. This was the day when demonetisation and other issues such as payment and shopping shifted to the digital platform. This move allowed anyone in the country to work and be paid via digital cash. It created employment opportunities for men and women via the internet.

To take advantage of the enabling digital platform, I decided to quit the struggling league and join the winning league. I believe there comes a time when you have to be the thermostat rather than being the thermometer. Only then can one set the climate to win. That was what drove me to start AdSitalSolution platform with the goal of helping both men and women struggling out there to earn a decent income by doing simple tasks online.

1. Bhaven Shah

Superbly written Siddhesh! Indeed India’s entrepreneurial spirit coupled with growth of SMEs and the support of the government will eventually uproot the problem of unemployment. This will in turn create a new breed of innovators, entrepreneurs and job creators. It is a viscious circle. Online jobs are great enablers of opportunities, and I strongly believe that big movements have humble beginnings but people who take this path define character and land up shaping the future.

2. Siddhesh Jain

In India 82% Male and 92% Female workers earn less than 10000 rupees which makes online jobs even more necessary, at https://www.adsitalsolution.com I am actively tackling this issue, already have many members registered from all over to earn, so join in and start to earn now.

More from Siddhesh Jain

By Vaishnavi Amare

By Internshala