The Invisible Labour Of Women

There was a time when women used to handle the home, and the men would go out to work. Now even though more and more women are joining the workforce, they’re still the ones taking care of the house. And while men may be willing to help out, women are still the ones planning and organising everything. She’s the one who cooks, receives the guests, serves the food, cleans the teacups, oh and also bathes the children. All of this increases the burden on women and contributes to their mental load.

Be it at home, at work or in the society, women are always seen juggling multiple roles. They’re always focusing on everybody else’s needs, and this is because the rhetoric of selflessness has always been preached to women. From our religions to the films we watch, to the news, women are always held to a higher standard than men.

The concept of female selflessness has been trending for a long time subjecting women to carry the majority of the mental load. The only way we can and should lighten this mental load is by introducing and encouraging the concept of Peer Marriage. It is the kind of marriage where the partners agree to an equal division of all aspects of marriage. This contributes to both their mental health and ensures a happy ending!

Watch the entire video to know about the Invisible Labour on Women and follow us on YouTubeFacebookInstagram, and Twitter.