This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Wardah Akhzar. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

I Wish To Be Successful But Without Losing My Integrity

Sometimes, we need people, no matter what kind of a person they are. When someone goes to a therapist, they don’t give much thought to what sort of a person that therapist will be; they go there to seek help, to talk and to have someone to listen to them. And sometimes, that is all a person needs; someone to talk to about their inner demons.

Usually, we opt for a stranger instead of someone we already know; because it’s comfortable that way. But, why? Why do we choose to be vulnerable in front of a complete stranger instead of a friend? It’s not something I have fully come to understand, yet. At times, I also prefer talking to a stranger than a friend. Why do we have friends then? Why do we need them? Maybe, we need them for survival.

I have a lot of questions about life that I keep to myself for fear of being thought as insane. That would make me question my whole existence. But, isn’t that what we’re here for? Questioning the purpose of our very existence, so that we can have some meaning in our lives? Do we leave the world just like that or leave our mark on it?

I want to live my life proudly and fulfil all my dreams. I dream of a future where I stand and stare out of the window and tell myself, “This is what I’d wished for”. I want to be a better person, take care of my parents, be a good brother and eventually a good parent. I want my children to be proud of me. I wish to be successful but without losing my integrity.

We need friends to share it all with, success and money would be meaningless without them. I want to make my life all about love and kindness. The love and affection with which my parents raised me with, is how I want to raise my children too. That is all the difference one should make.

The love and kindness with which my friends have treated me is all the meaning there should be to life. We must always tell each other how proud and grateful we are for this life and the people in it. They are the ones who will bear witness to our achievements and failures simultaneously.

People question your sanity only because they’re too comfortable with the ignorance and the meaninglessness of their shallow existence. They are afraid to dive into the depths of the ocean of reality, that is life. What good will it do to us when we’re dead and forgotten? So, question life and live it with love and integrity because that’s all that matters. Be proud of the person you have become when you look back. Let life be an experience you cherish.

More from Wardah Akhzar

By Tanushree Ghosh