This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by CRY West. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Research Executive Prerona Sen On The Importance Of Living Intentionally And Audaciously

‘’What are the stories you haven’t yet lived to tell?’’

The question is thought-provoking, isn’t it?

Well, Prerona Sen, a Research Executive has something to offer us which can elucidate ‘Change’ as being not always a good thing, but it can be even better.  She has always believed that change happens to teach us something new and to expand ourselves. Whenever we feel comfortable in one place, life is always bringing new environments and new lessons for us to learn and develop with.

Being part of CRY for five years has been an amazing experience for Prerona. She got the opportunity to meet a lot of people from different countries, different backgrounds, but with the same vision for the future: a future of peace and fulfilment for humankind’s potential. Whenever she looks back at her stint in CRY, she starts using this metaphor that CRY is as if you would have your life in fast-forward mode on TV.

When Prerona joined, back in 2013, she had just finished her Masters and was on an academic break in Kolkata.  She didn’t have much knowledge or work experience, but throughout the last few years, she went from having no experience to going on for various fundraising events and on-ground adventures. “The mind of a child is as vulnerable as it is precious. And considering children are our future work-force, it is of paramount importance that their needs are well taken care of, and they are well prepared for an increasingly uncertain future of vast possibilities and threats”, recalls Prerona while she narrates her experience with CRY.

CRY not only does make a difference, but it is also the difference.  The emphasis on the phrase ‘Love is wise; hatred is foolish’ is what we need to reverie upon. In this world, which is getting more and more closely interconnected, we have to learn to tolerate each other; we have to learn to put up with the fact that some people say things that we don’t like. We can only live together in that way. But if we are to live together, and not die together, we must learn a kind of charity and a kind of tolerance, which is absolutely vital to the continuation of human life on this planet.

Dancing as a part of a group, in front of the hundreds of strangers at Infinity Mall, – to promote a child’s right to education was one of the best memory to remember for Prerona. And reverberating with the question of ‘why’, she implied we need to spread more seeds and fill this planet with love to be surrounded by flowers just everywhere! It starts by simply opening up our hearts and hands to one another. It’s in simple things where true happiness may flourish.

Prerona as a part of her journey had conducted campaigns such as ‘Vote for Child Rights’ and projects related to ICDS, RTE. She goes on to say, “childhood is a beautiful and vulnerable time, and I think that the best thing we can do for our children is to allow them to do things for themselves, allow them to be strong, allow them to experience life on their own terms, let them be better people, let them believe more in themselves.”

In the end, though, maybe we must all give up trying to pay back the people in this world who sustain our lives. In the end, maybe it’s wiser to surrender before the miraculous scope of human generosity and to just keep saying thank you, forever and sincerely, for as long as we have voices.

The truth of life is that every year we get farther away from the essence that is born within us. We get shouldered with burdens, some of them good, some of them not so good. Things happen to us. Loved ones die. People get in wrecks and get crippled. People lose their way, for one reason or another. It’s not hard to do, in this world of crazy mazes. Life itself does its best to take that memory of magic away from us. You don’t know it’s happening until one day you feel you’ve lost something but you’re not sure what it is.

Prerona’s journey inspired us that these memories of who we were and where we lived are important to us. We need the memory of magic if we are ever going to conjure magic again. We must wake up. If we are going to find our callings, we must live intentionally and audaciously. And we must be generous. This choice is not an easy one, and it doesn’t come naturally, but it’s how we were meant to live. It’s the only way – I’m quite convinced of this – which we can find the satisfaction we’ve been searching for, the lives we’ve been dreaming of. And although there are legitimate health, business, and psychological benefits to generous living, the most important one is this: generosity gives your life meaning.

More from CRY West

By Risha Chaurasia

By Ankita Marwaha

By Vandana Jogadiya