This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by G Meghana. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Technology Driven Education Systems: A boon For Edu-startups

Technology Driven Education Systems: A Boon For  Edu-Startups

Gone are the days when holding a book ,pen ,paper, taking notes was considered as learning. With changing times we can see technology affecting every part of our society and education sector is one among them. Right from toddling age to adults these new age tech education systems have impacted all. The traditional learning systems have just become a past with the Introduction of these.

If we recollect our childhood schooling as a 90’s kid most of us regret the fact that we did not have those many advantages as the kids have now due to this tech impact, we only had schools and tuitions to learn something, though we had more of physical activities as well if we compare with this generation well, that leads to a whole new topic though. We just used to run behind those “topper” tags as kids as that don’t even decide our future. But now its no  more “only book culture” , we are accepting this new age modus operandi wherein children who participate in these online tools which help them own skills for a long lasting time increases creativity and boost learning. With this sort of a modern culture it is obvious that educational start-ups are going to have a huge role in shaping the future of Indian Education system.

The trend of these start-ups has been on a rise from the last five to ten years. Some of them being Edvizo, Byju’s, Edugorrila, Toppr, Culture Alley, Educomp, Vedantu, Last Word, Unacademy , Meritnation, Careerguide, CueMath, Dost Education, Educart, Embibe, Entri, Flip class, Gyan labs , NayiDisha, NIIT.tv, Online Tyari and the list goes on. Each one of these has a different method of teaching with better communication systems and personal focus on each. All these start-ups are united by an ultimate motive of teaching and providing easy access to all.

Internet has played a drastic role in the growth of these start-ups. Accordinf to a report from google, KPMG Apparently the current internet users which are 407million is expected to grow to 735 million by  2021 in India.One of the major plus point of tech driven learning is that every single person has access to it, To the best of best quality of education through these number of online courses which the start-ups are offering .We all blame about the lack of  proper education in some villages or to the poor. But now the will to learn is the only deciding and differentiating factor between rural and urban, rich and poor. The one who has this thirst for learning and a sort of inclined mindset is the one who reaches great heights.

Also, online learning eliminates the drawbacks seriously faced by educational Institutions such as:

Right from the small ages parents pay these school donations and high fees(In some) only expecting high quality education for their kids which  are a total crap as they just give fake assurance of personal care. The quality of trained teachers is not up to the mark in schools which directly affects the quality of education. Also in some primary schools there is a lack of teachers which has resulted in students from different classes being taught together by a single teacher. Coming to the secondary schools the student dropout rates have been higher. These situations clearly show the need for such tech based learning systems in our country which offer fun creative learning  among children and make them think practically or ultimately make studies fun. Coming to high schools and universities who are supposed to make students Industry ready and provide learning which is long lasting and fail to do so. The results are out open, the employment rates in India specially in Engineering have come down.

The companies hiring ask the students beyond this, that’s where these online certification courses (paid or unpaid) come into picture and the start-ups who run these are profited as many find them as an achievement or believe its going add them a feather to their cap(resume).   For eg: I would like to present my own experience of working as an Intern with CLIMBER a start-up which provides online courses in various domains. This provided live sessions from world class mentors with a minimal fee and a renowned certification which was a really good initiative taken.

Here are some of the best start-ups in education sector:

1. EDVIZO: It has been established with the aim if improving the entire education system.It offers digital solutions to coaching institutes who invest so much time in doing paperwork in order to manage their day to day activities.EDVIZO has provided free IMS management to more than 900 institutions.It provides all services free of charge to parents and children. It has also provided the EMI service so that parents can deposit fee every month as per their coconvenience.
  2. BYJU’S –It was founded in 2008 by Mr.Byju Raveendran. This app offers training for various competitive exams like GATE, CAT, GMAT, JEE, GRE etc and also the most famous name when it comes to providing classes for class 6 to 12 students. Its unique feature of learning through interactive videos and fun activities has made a mark.

3.CULTURE ALLEY: This has a major advantage for working offline. This is for people who wish to learn English through their Hello English app. It not just focuses on reading or writing English but also on vocabulary.

4.EMBIBE: Founded  by Aditi Avasthi.Its motto is to provide every student personal attention which most of the schools now a days fail in. This mainly  functions for providing Engineering Entrance coaching’s through their tests.

5.SIMPLILEARN: With the growing technology in our country, computer science has become a prominent and permanent part of our lives.This offers more than 400 courses in areas like programming, big data, analytics ,IT etc.

(Sources of images:www.google.com)

The trend of these edu start-ups is such that according to Google KPMG report, The paid user base is expected to grow 6 times from 1.6 million users in 2016 to 9.6 million users in 2021 and online education will see  approximately 8times growth in the next five years which clearly shows that these start-ups have a lot of role to play in the future of Indian society for a better tomorrow, for a better development of our country.

THANKYOU.

More from G Meghana

By The Third Eye

By Neshat Parvin 2.

By Kaleem Shaikh