We Need To Fight Against The Attack On Our Right To Privacy

The right to privacy is protected as an intrinsic part of the right to life and personal liberty under Article 21 and as a part of the freedoms guaranteed by Part III of the Constitution. The right to privacy in India has developed through a series of decisions over the past 60 years. Supreme Court Upholds Right to Privacy as a Fundamental Right, It was a historic verdict by the SC in favour of the people of India and a big slap to the ruling class, led by the NDA government.

Right to privacy is one of our basic rights. It’s like the right to religion, right to information, right to education, right to work, right to protest, right to vote, right to assemble, right to eat/wear as per one’s preferences in short, “right to live” like a human being! Some parties, organisations are fighting against the attack on our rights, but in a secluded and divided manner. A few are canvassing for replacing EVM by ballot paper, while some are content by voting in the NOTA category.

This is like treating a cancer patient by only focusing on the exterior symptoms but not the disease itself. Fascism in India and many other countries can be seen with its specific characteristics. Fascism too, is a form of capitalism, like state capitalism, crony capitalism, “conscious” capitalism and social democracy etc. But Fascism is the most rotten and violent form of capitalism. It takes the support of a section of the masses through regressive ideologies- like religion and caste in India, colour discrimination/racism in US and EU, and of course the support from the huge amount of capital by the bourgeois, in the form of donations, media support etc.
Fascism takes over all the departments of government and weakens the pillars of democracy. Do you remember “PRISM”, a programme by NSA, a secret wing of CIA, US to spy over the world leaders as well as citizens, which was exposed by Snowden? Is this not visible in India? And this brings us to infer, the futility of our fight in segregations against the symptoms of fascism.
Join in to smash fascism and its mother capitalism, to abolish the root cause of all forms of exploitation and oppression by people against each other. Fascism has smashed all democratic forms of resistance and struggle, it will be again futile to think that we can defeat it in a “democratic” fashion, through election or election campaigns. We need another mass movement, laden with revolutionary ideology, led by a revolutionary party to smash fascism, unlike what happened in 1975-77 and 2012-14 movements, which were led by the organisations and parties who preferred capitalists. That mistake has got us in the present situation, which is deadly to the working class, women and even science.
Victory to the people! Hail Socialist Bhagat Singh and his party HSRA!!