Leading a team of social media editors for managing the day-to-day functioning of YKA’s key social media properties. Sharing content and making data-driven decisions for social media and traffic growth. Amplifying YKA’s brand on social media and its mission to enable young people to speak up on important issues and create impact through active social media engagement. Interacting with YKA’s editorial and campaign teams to plan, coordinate and execute content strategies to ensure YKA meets its targets.
- Social media content planning: Working on daily scheduling of content and creating simple social media strategies to engage with YKA’s users.
- Platform growth: Ensuring that YKA meets its monthly, quarterly traffic and user acquisition targets.
- Data management and reporting: Conducting regular data analysis of YKA’s social media properties and traffic and taking decisions accordingly.
- Campaign execution: Work with the YKA campaigns team on smooth campaign ideation and execution via social media and forge social media partnerships with other high-impact organisations for brand growth and diversity.
Skills and qualities required:
- One year or more of experience in handling social media for a digital news/media organisation.
- Clear understanding of and love for data and analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and others.
- Clear understanding of content consumption patterns on social media.
- Impeccable English grammatical skills.
- Passion for creating social change and interest in various social issues. Inclination towards current affairs is a must.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Excellent organisation, planning, coordination and multitasking skills.
- Ability to approach targets with a holistic perspective and the ability to adhere to deadlines.
Commensurate with experience, market-standard
About Youth Ki Awaaz:
India’s largest youth media platform with over 3.5 million monthly readers and thousands of writers. The platform is fuelled by young, passionate individuals mainly in the age group of 18-35 years. Comprising social entrepreneurs, citizen journalists, student leaders, individuals creating change at the grassroots, innovators, writers and researchers, this community has created on-ground change through digital advocacy, started offline movements, online trends and nationwide conversations.
Send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com with ‘Social Media Editor’ in the subject line.