L’Oréal India For Young Women In Science Scholarship encourages young women to pursue their career in science. This scheme was started in 2003 and has consistently helped young women to pursue scientific studies. A scholarship of worth INR 2,50,000/- each is granted to promising young women who belong to a financially weaker section of the society to cover their college fees for study in a recognized college or university in India.
Who can apply for this scholarship?
- Girls who have passed class 12 in 2017 with 85% in PCB / PCM
- Age not more than 19 years
- Annual family income less than INR 4,00,000
Scholarship worth INR 2,50,000 will be awarded to 50 meritorious but underprivileged girls. Login to apply now.
How can you apply?
The application can be done online or by post. Two ways a girl student can apply:
- Online: Register on this link with your Gmail/Facebook account and fill the 5 step form.
- By Post: Download the application form, fill it and send it through courier to following address: Stellar IT Park C-25, No.8,9 & 10 Tower – I, Ground floor, Sector 62, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201301.
1. What is the scholarship amount?
The scholarship consists of up to Rs. 2.5 lacs, granted in equal annual instalments over the period of the degree of study, subject to the submission of proof of the candidate passing each year.
2. How many scholarships have been granted till date?
Till date, we have given 300 scholarships.
3. In which field of science is this scholarship granted?
This scholarship is open for study in any field of Science: Medicine, Engineering, Information Technology, Pharmacy, Biotechnology, and other graduate courses pertaining to Science (B.Sc) etc.
4. What are the criteria and the process for selecting candidates?
This Scholarship is only for girl students desirous of pursuing a degree course in Science/ Medical/ Engineering/ Biotechnology or any other scientific field, in a recognized institute in India, who satisfy all the under mentioned conditions: – The Candidate should have passed the 12th standard examination from India during the Academic Year ending 2017 The Candidate should have obtained a minimum of 85% marks in PCB/PCM. Shortlisted candidates and her parents will be called to attend an interview in Mumbai/ Delhi/ Bangalore/ Hyderabad/ Kolkata (based on the proximity of the candidate) at their own cost. The interview will be conducted by a jury consisting of eminent members of the scientific and academic communities along with L’Oréal India representatives.
5. Is the scholarship given as a loan? What if the amount required for the education is less than 2.5 lakhs?
The scholarship amount is paid in equal annual instalments and is not given as a loan. While it does not have to be refunded by the recipient, it is subject to the student passing her exams. Students found to have submitted false information will have to refund the scholarship amount.
6. I am a student of Std. 10. Am I eligible to apply for the scholarship?
The scholarship is only for students who have appeared for their Std XII exams in the current academic year.
7. I have given my HSC exam from Mumbai but I am going to study in another state. Will I be eligible for the scholarship?
Yes, as long as you fulfil the conditions mentioned above, you are eligible for the scholarship to study in any recognized Indian University anywhere in India.
8. I have done my HSC in a private institution, am I eligible for the scholarship?
Yes, you are eligible to apply, as long as you fulfil the conditions mentioned above.
9. What are the documents required from a student at the time of application for the scholarship?
The candidate shall enclose the under mentioned documents along with the application form: – Attested copy of proof of age Self attested proof of parents income (certificate from a government body e.g. income certificates/salary slip) or Form 16 10th Standard mark sheet, attested by school 12th Standard mark sheet, attested by school An essay (not more than 600 words) about yourself and why you have decided to pursue the chosen course of study and how the scholarship will help you, which is to be handwritten by yourself.
10. What are the documents required to get the scholarship from our scholars for receiving the scholarship? The scholars need to submit the following documents within two months of receiving a scholarship letter from L’Oreal India. Admission letter (attested by the college) Fees receipt (attested by the college) Student’s own bank account number PAN Card Copy or Aadhar Card Passbook copy, which clearly mentions the PRINTED bank account details and IFSC code (attested by the bank) Blank bank cheque with the word CANCELLED written on it Attached undertaking signed by yourself and either one of your parents
Terms and Conditions
Objective: To encourage and support young women to pursue their careers in science, L’Oréal India has started this scholarship for promising but economically disadvantaged young women.