This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Bankim Chandra Pandey. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Review: “Mitron” Is A Simple Story Told In A Fun-Filled Manner

More from Bankim Chandra Pandey

The main essence of an excellent romantic-comedy is chemistry and understanding between two actors. Apart from that everything else is just going to be the filling. But in a very good rom-com, the fillers are also interesting. If you love to watch romantic comedies, a good cast with a good heart from “Mitro” will be an entertaining treat for you.

The film is set in the Gujarati milieu. Jay (Jackky Bhagnani) is a middle-class, happy and carefree guy who does not take responsibilities seriously. Jay’s attitude does not go down well with his father (Neeraj Sood), who has lots of expectations from his son. Therefore, to bring stability to his life, his father decides to get him married. Avni (Kritika Kamra), is an ambitious, MBA graduate, who wants to start her own business. Jay and Avni’s journeys are revealed in the film as they unexpectedly find their true calling as the movie unfolds.

Script Analysis

The film is also a reunion of “Filmistan” duo Nitin Kakkar (Director) and Sharib Hashmi (Actor). The only difference is that Sharib has also worked on the story this time. This adaption of Telugu film Pali Choopulu (2016), written and directed by Tharun Bhascker Dhaassyam, is spread across many levels of storytelling. But the story seems to lose focus and gets entangled in itself.

There are hilarious bits in the film which makes it a fun watch. Sharib Hashmi’s writing is a clear winner, and his dialogue delivery leaves the audience in splits many times. However, a crisp story would have been better than a sloppy comedy. Altogether, funny scenes save the day. This a comedy that you can laugh at with your family. It is a very basic and straightforward film. The story is not new, but it has been told interestingly using flashbacks sometimes.

The scenes are playful, but maybe it’s just a technique to accelerate the storytelling. Director Nitin Kakkar has done a commendable job by talking about the generation gap and Indian marriage system without compromising on the entertainment value. He has indeed made a film which is an entertaining crowd pleaser.

“Mitron” goes a level above the typical Bollywood comedies which is evident in the handling of its ‘female hero’. Avni, is fearless and pragmatic yet, simple and rooted. It is fresh to see a female character calling the shots in a group of people where the ‘hero’ is also involved. Sharib Hashmi’s dialogues are witty and humorous.

1. Ekaf Resu

Just a correction mate, this film is a adaption of “Pelli Choopulu” (https://m.imdb.com/title/tt5824826/) not ‘Pali Choopulu’. I’ve not seen “Mitron” but I’ve surely seen the original one (Pelli Choopulu) and I was absolutely in awe of it. From what I’ve seen in the trailer of Mitron, I have to say, I was not at all impressed! See I don’t like remakes, I prefer watching the originals. Thanks.

1. Bankim Chandra Pandey

thanks for correction you are welcome my friend

More from Bankim Chandra Pandey

By Mallika Khosla

By Prabhanu Kumar Das

By Mallika Khosla