This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Kevin Gardner. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Top 5 Democrats Hoping To Be The Next President Of The USA

More from Kevin Gardner

There’s already a lot of excitement about the presidential hopefuls for US Presidential elections 2020. However, they have to wait for another year before they can put their interests forward to be nominated as party representatives for the presidential race. The recent research studies and observations indicate that Democrats have regrouped and are likely to have a strong showing. Here are some potential men and women that you should observe before the big day.

1. Bernie Sanders

Currently, the Vermont senator seems to be the most popular politician in the United States. Some polling organisations that have been using field service management software to allocate tasks and track their data collection agents have indicated that Sanders is silently regrouping and has assembled some of his political advisers and close friends for early preparation. Everybody is aware that Sanders has been all over the country discussing potential free college and revolutionising the Medicare for all proposal. All indication indicates that Sanders has the potential to become a Democratic nominee if he wants to have a second go.

2. Joe Biden

Everyone knows that the former second-in-command, Joe Biden, is a man with potential and can pull a surprise. In recent events, where he has been promoting a book loss of his son, Joe refused to rule out his presence in the 2020 race. Biden has been critical of how Hillary Clinton had poor strategies in 2016 campaigns and is always regretting not running for 2016 presidential elections. The problem is that he will be 77 which might play a significant role, especially considering that younger voters have been sceptical about bringing old establishments back into the government. Nevertheless, you cannot rule the former Delaware Senator who has a significant following, especially form the white working class.

3. Elizabeth Warren

The current senator from Massachusetts has already made significant signals that she is willing and ready to avail party nominations. Dubbed as a more progressive candidate than Sanders, Warren has already met with donors and established a significant number of campaign activities, something other presidential hopefuls are yet to do. Her recent publication, about saving America’s middle class is a strong indication that she is targeting the largest group in the country’s demography. She has lately been seen criticising President Trump, something that could be witnessed in large scale if she secures Democratic nomination.

4. Tim Kaine

Kaine was Clinton’s running mate, and there is no doubt that she learned a significant number of skills about how to frame political messages and how they lost to an overly aggressive Republicans. His previous records as the governor of Virginia and mayor of Richmond are a clear demonstration that he is a person who has some real experience in serving the public and public policy. He has been known to be highly supportive of authorisation of an all-out war against Islamic State, something that could win him some accolades. His domestic and foreign frameworks are not bad either, and he is a person who can surprise many.

5. Kamala Harris

Although a freshman in the Senate, something that may come to the bit, if experience becomes a matter of considerations. Harris has already established herself as a serious and an aggressive opponent to Trump’s administration. Criticizing everything is not a good sign and could be seen as unreasonable, however, everything she is criticising, she has solid points in her arguments, and she is presenting alternatives. Serving for a single term in Senate is something that should give the California senator a few options for her opponents to criticise. She is a younger option, and she could present another chance for Americans to elect a woman, this time, and a black woman as well.

Other candidates have remained silent about their ambitions, and things could turn anytime. It’s not predictable anymore, and Americans can elect any person. They proved that by choosing Donald Trump, something that shocked the world.

More from Kevin Gardner

By Atul Upadhyay

By Tanvi sharma