This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Buddy4Study. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Scholarships for Indian girls

More from Buddy4Study

If you educate a man you educate an individual, but if you educate a woman you educate a family (nation)’– African proverb There are a number of organizations that help women acquire scholarships for quality higher education and pursue their dreams. These organizations ensure that women, from every strata of society, are made aware of these opportunities and are able to draw maximum benefit. Buddy4Study proudly promotes and recommends the following scholarships and encourage women to apply for them. We strongly suggest that you share this information with as many women as you can and help them build a brighter future.

1. Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship

Purpose- In fond memory of Ms. Anita Borg, this scholarship aims to encourage women to excel in computing and technology. The vision is to build role models & leaders in the field of Computer science. Award- Tuition and education-related expenses Eligibility- Female graduates and post graduates [computer science, computer engineering or related technical field] with strong academic background can apply. Apply-Online

2. Santoor Women’s Scholarship

Purpose- The Santoor Women’s Scholarship is aimed towards girls from underprvileged and disadvantaged background, who wish  to pursue higher education after grade 12 in any discipline with minimum of two years’ duration. Award- INR 24,000-36,000 per annum. Eligibility- Enrolled for a full time recognized diploma/degree programme Apply- Post

3. Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Scholarship

Purpose- This scholarship is provided by the Tata Trust group for Indian women who wish to pursue higher education in US, UK or Europe in the following areas: Social Work, Social Science  Education, Education & Welfare of Children with Special Needs, Empowerment of Women, Gender Studies, Child Health –  Development and  Nutrition, Health Policy and Health Education, Public Health – Community Health Services, Reproductive Health, Rural Development Work, Communication for Development, Development Studies Award- Financial assistance will be provided. Eligibility- Female candidates who have completed their graduation & have consistently remarkable academic record are eligible to apply. Apply- Application can be submitted by post or email

4. Adobe Research Women in Technology Scholarship

Purpose- Adobe invites applications to the inaugural Adobe Research Women-in-Technology Scholarship, which recognizes outstanding undergraduate female students, anywhere in the world, who are studying computer science. Award- $10,000 Eligibility- Full-time undergraduate student [Major in Computer Science, Computer engineering, or a closely related technical field] Apply- Online

5. Tata Housing Scholarships for Meritorious Girl Students

Purpose- A merit-cum need scholarship to recognize, promote and financially assist the meritorious female students belonging to economically weaker sections, so that they are able to complete higher education in civil engineering, architecture and construction project management and be a part of the flourishing Real Estate Industry. Award- Fees related to admission, tuition, library, examination, purchase of books etc subjected to maximum limit of INR 60,000. Eligibility- Girls pursuing  B.Tech/B.E/B.Arch [Civil Engineering/Architecture (2nd year)]. or MBA [Construction Project Management (1st year)] and with total family income less than ?3 Lac per annum can apply. Apply- By Post

6. AICTE-Scholarship Scheme to Girl Child (SSGC) under Pragati

Purpose- An endeavour from AICTE to promote technical education (Engg., Architecture, Pharmacy, applied arts etc.) at Degree and Diploma levels to a girl child. The scheme is to support one girl per family. Award- INR 50,000 per annum for full course [4,000 Scholarships will be provided.] Eligibility- Only one girl per family who has taken admission in regular, full-time undergraduate degree/diploma course during academic year 2018. Annual Family income should be less than INR 6 lac. Apply- Online

7. Fair and Lovely Foundation-Higher Education Scholarship

Purpose- To support higher education for women in India, Fair & Lovely scholarship has been launched. This scholarship is given to pursue graduation, post graduation and PhD studies from any Government Recognised Indian Universities. Award- College fee will be given to the students Eligibility- Class 12 passed girls students who have secured more than 60% in class 10th and 12th. Apply- Online, by Post

8. Fair and Lovely Foundation-Develop Your Career Scholarship

Purpose- To promote empowerment by imparting vocational skills in girls. Award- Course Fee Eligibility- Minimum qualification for the candidate is Class 8 passed Apply- Online, by Post Application- October, November

9. Prabha Dutt Fellowship

Purpose- The purpose of the Fellowship is to encourage young women, who wish to investigate and research on any topic related to contemporary information. The research can be executed in Hindi, English or any regional language . Award- 10-month duration fellowship with a reward of INR 1,00,000. Eligibility- Open to women print journalists who are in the age group of 25 to 40 years. Apply- By Post or email Application- September, October

10. UDAAN – A Programme to Give Wings to Girl Students

Purpose- Project powered by CBSE to address the teaching gap between school education and engineering entrance by enriching the teaching and learning of Science and Mathematics at School level. The project provides free online resources to girl students of Class XI and Class XII for preparation of admission test for the premier engineering colleges in the country. Award- Provide free online resources to girl students Eligibility- Female students of Class XI [Science] Apply- Online Application-  August

11. KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship Programme

Purpose- To motivate aspiring students from Kerala for higher studies and career in Science. The scholarship supports students who aspire to pursue degree/ post graduate courses in basic/ natural science in Institutions/ Universities in India. Award- INR 12,000 to 60,000 per annum Eligibility- Students who have scored 90% for all subjects and minimum 95% aggregate marks for all science subjects in Class XII. Apply- By post Application- August, September

12. Maulana Azad National Scholarship Scheme for Girls belonging to Minorities

Purpose- To recognize, promote and assist meritorious girl students belonging to minority communities (i.e. Muslims, Christians, Jain, Buddhists, Sikhs, Parsis) to continue their education without financial hindrance. Scholarship will be admissible for expenditure on payment of school/college fee, etc. Award- INR 12,000 for a period of two years. Eligibility- Only femake students with minimum 55% aggregate in Class X board exams and studying in Class XI are eligible to apply. Family annual income must be less than ?1,00,000 per annum. Apply- By Post Application- August, September

13. L’Oréal India For Young Women in Science Scholarship

Purpose- To encourage and support young women to pursue careers in science, L’Oréal India has launched a scholarship for promising but to economically disadvantaged young women. Award- INR 2.5 lac paid over 4 years [Total 50 scholarships] Eligibility- Girl students from the science stream who have passed Class XII (current session) with minimum 85% marks in PCM/PCB. Family annual income must be less than ?4 lac. Apply- Online or By Post

14. Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship for Research in Social Sciences

Purpose- To promote girls education, UGC has introduced this scholarship with an aim to compensate direct costs of higher education especially for such girls who happen to be the only girl child in their family. Award- INR 12,400 per month for first two years, thereafter ?15,500 per month for third and fourth year. Eligibility- Single girl child who has taken admission in regular, full -time Ph. D. program in Social Sciences with maximum age of 40 years (general) and 45 years (SC/ST/OBC/PD) can apply. Apply- Online

15. Post-Doctoral Fellowship To Women Candidates

Purpose- To provide an opportunity to carry out advanced studies and research in science, engineering and technology, humanities and social sciences in Indian Universities, UGC has initiated this Scheme. Award- Stipend varies from INR 18,000 to INR 46,500 per month. Total seat is 100. Total duration of fellowship is 5 years. Eligibility- The candidate must have doctorate degree with an upper age limit of 55 years (in few cases upto 60 years too) Apply- Online

16. Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child For PG Programs

Purpose- In order to achieve and promote girls education, UGC has introduced this scholarship for single girl child with an aim to compensate direct costs of girl education in non-professional courses only. Award- INR 3,100 per month stipend for 2 years Eligibility- Any single girl child who happens to be an only child and has taken admission in regular, full-time 1st year Masters degree course from any recognized university. Maximum age for applying is 30 years. Apply- Online

17. Sitaram Jindal Foundation Scholarship

Purpose- An annual means-cum-merit scholarship funded by Sitaram Jindal foundation for following courses: Arts, Phil, Science, Commerce, Homeopathy, Naturopathy, Pharma, Computer Applications, Business, Economics/Finance, Agriculture, Hospitality, Architecture, Physiotherapy, Micro-Biology, Forensic Sciences, Social Work, any integrated course for 5 years. Award- INR 400 to 2000 per month as per courses. In addition, ?500 to 1000 per month scholarship is also given for hostellers. Eligibility- Scholarship is given to general category students of Class XI, Class XII (BPL), ITI, Graduation, Post Graduation, Engineering & Medicine Courses, Diploma courses, Physically disabled, widows & unmarried wards of ex-servicemen. Students must be enrolled in regular courses. Apply- By Post Application- Round the year application

18. Clinic Plus Scholarship

Purpose- To provide an opportunity for mothers to help their daughters in completing their secondary education. Award- Educational scholarship for supporting the girl child education Eligibility- Class V to XII girl students can apply. Apply- By Post Application- September, October

19. Internshala Career Scholarship for Girls

Purpose- This is an academic scholarship with an objective to recognize a girl who has fought against odds to pursue a career of her dreams in any field (Academics, Sports, Arts etc.). Award- INR 25,000 [Cash prize] Eligibility- Any girl between the age of 17 to 23 years with a career objective can apply. Apply- Online

20. Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship-College Students

Purpose- A Central government scheme to support students with 80 percentile of successful candidates in the relevant stream in Class XII or equivalent, conducted by State Board/CBSE/ICSE.. Award- INR 82,000 (50% for Boys, 50% for Girls), Cash Prize of ?10,000 to 20,000 per annum for 3 to 5 years Eligibility- Class XII passed Apply- Online, By post Application- August, September

21. Avasar Scholarship

Purpose- Opportunity Foundation Trust provides a 6 years post matric scholarship for girls from disadvantaged families, who are excelling in their academic performance. Do not send this application if you scored less than 80% marks in Class IX. Award- College fee, grant of INR 1,80,000, books, stationery, Bus pass, dresses, Daily allowance Eligibility- Scholarships are granted to applicants domiciled in Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai and Gurgaon Only. Girls having 80% in Class IX or studying in Class X. Apply- Online Application- Round the year

22. CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child

Purpose- To provide scholarships to the meritorious girl students, who are the only child of their parent to continuing their further school education of Class XI and XII. Award- Scholarship amount of INR 500 per month for two academic years. Eligibility- All Single Girl Students, who have secured 60%/6.2 CGPA or more in CBSE in 2015 Class X Examination and are studying in Class XI from CBSE affiliated Schools are eligible to apply. Apply- Online  Application Application- September

23. Scientist Scholarship for Research in S/T (WOS-B)

Purpose- To encourage women scientists involved in research and application of innovative solutions for various societal issues. This scholarship would be made available to the aspiring women scientists willing to work for the search, design, adaptation and demonstration of Science and Technological skills and techniques for improving the income generating activity and reducing drudgery of weaker sections of our society in different occupations, capacity building on the societal programs at the grassroot level etc. Award- Candidate will be awarded upto INR 15,000 per month. Eligibility- Ph.D., PG Women Apply- By email and post Application- Round the year application

24. Women Scientists Scheme (WOS-A)

Purpose- To provide opportunities to women scientists and technologists for pursuing research in basic or applied sciences in frontier areas of science and engineering. A special provision has been made under this Scheme to encourage those women scientists who have had breaks in their careers. It will provide a launch pad for them up to the age of 50 years to return to mainstream science and work as bench-level scientists in the field of science and technology. Award- This scheme will provide a research grant with an upper limit of INR 23 lac (for Ph.D. or equivalent) and ?20 lac (for M.Sc. or equivalent) for a well-defined R&D project proposal for a period of three years Eligibility- Women scientists, with a minimum of Post Graduate degree, equivalent to M.Sc. in Basic or Applied Sciences or B.Tech. or MBBS or other equivalent professional qualifications, are eligible for this scheme. Maximum age limit for this category is 35 years at the time of submission of the application. Apply- Online, By post Application- Round the year application Entrance examinations exclusively for women candidates

25. BHU Central Hindu Girls School Entrance Test

Purpose- Admission in Class Nursery, VI, IX & XI Eligibility- Age 3+ year for Nursery, Class V, Class VIII, Class X Passed Apply- By Post, In Person

26. All India Kittur Rani Sainik School for Girls Entrance Exam

Purpose- Admission in Class VI Eligibility- Age between X to XII years, Class V passed Apply- By Post Application- November

27. Banasthali Vidyapith Admission

Purpose- Admission in Class VI, IX & XI, Graduation, Post Graduation Eligibility- Class V, VIII, X Passed, XII Passed (Only Girls) Apply- Post, Online

More from Buddy4Study

By ISHLEEN KAUR

By ISHLEEN KAUR

By ISHLEEN KAUR