This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Zeeshan Ali. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Poem: Anomalous Ripple

More from Zeeshan Ali

From being pilloried on screens to being lynched on the streets

My identity gets examined, my loyalty tested as trust depletes

Under the cosh with brazen guises and flimsy causes

Christened as foreign and hostile, hiding to minimize the losses

Reign of horror reducing my definition to a victim

Proxy wars run on relentlessly horrid dictum

Rabid desolation to militant isolation

Carving divergent micros from the nation

Hidden in the shadows of fear and smoke of hate

I get swallowed by the clarion for a murderous fate

Lulled and flummoxed by a winning charade

As that formless executioner whets the merciless blade

Ruthlessly humanity gets bludgeoned in that overzealous heat

What it eats and burns is not animal flesh but lifeless human meat

Unimaginable exactions by the faceless enemy within

Extirpates the sacred fabric of my nation’s labyrinth

Inveigled into submission to don the yoke

My defiance to acquiesce brands me a treasonous bloke

But life has an uncanny obstinacy for survival

Every night of terror has to face a day-bound revival

My sanctuary can’t be defiled by the satanic minions

My indwelling light is unequalled by the Sun or even millions

Rumors of demise are grossly premature

My belief can’t be daunted by their nefarious overture

Scare mongering can’t split my conscience into cinders and embers

When have Prophets of doom finish their tale as history remembers

Battle if it has to be, I will fight for safekeeping peace

My blood thrives on sacrifice all it desires is a noble release

I was formed from clay baptized and hardened by fire

How can I be extinguished by fiends on hire

Scars are my trophies and pain a true enterprise

The anger that dreams to break me

Better brace up for a surprise

Martyrdom is the noblest attainment that can honor my sails

I live in faith and they try to mortar it with empty threats and hate mails

Every particle of this soil has been harvested with my blood and guts

They can’t expunge my presence by burning a few humble huts

Trample my path or mute my voice that’s distinct and diverse

No demonic design can injure even an atom of my universe

And lest they assume my modest silence as cowardly surrender

Demons of terror have often made that fatal blunder

A word of caution to that dormant sympathizer who cowers to act

Injustice and oppression consumes everything even the ones who spectate

The pyre from the sidelines may seem a distant reality

But time and destiny are no prisoners to mortality

What’s my hell today may become your prison tomorrow

Only love and compassion can cure suspicion and sorrow

Desist mutilating choices and stifling different voices

Life has to be forgiving as death doesn’t offer compromises

Grave is the final abode, the ultimate restitution

It levels the scales even the faux messiah of the Constitution

The present maxim of equality may be a victim of false promises

But our bloodied past implores to stand united against its nemesis

Maybe the victory parade isn’t for us to lead

But we can’t quit now in order for posterity to succeed

Hold fast my brethren; the trials have never been simple

We exist to be divinely tested; don’t succumb to an anomalous ripple…

More from Zeeshan Ali

By Tanushree Ghosh