This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Rajesh Kumar. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Ayushmaan Bharat: All You Need To Know About PM Modi’s Flagship Scheme

Last month, there were reports claiming that over 1.5 lakh people have already benefited from the PM Narendra Modi’s flagship healthcare scheme called Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY). Launched with much fanfare on September 23, 2018, the scheme has been appreciated as well as criticised by a various section of the society.  While it is yet to be seen whether or not the ‘grand health insurance schemes’ delivers on its promises, let’s take stock of what this scheme is all about.

How Big Is The Scheme?

Ayushman Bharat is a flagship scheme of the Modi government that aims to provide Rs. 5 lakh health insurance coverage to poor families for secondary and tertiary healthcare. PM Modi has launched this scheme simultaneously in 445 districts of 30 states across the country.

PMJAY health insurance scheme is touted as one of the biggest government-funded schemes in the world as its expected beneficiary base is almost equal to the population of the European Union. This national health protection mission (NHPM) aims to cover around ten crore poor households (50 crore people) to provide cashless and paperless medical services in any government / private empanelled hospitals across the country.

What’s On Offer?

The central government has included 1,350 medical packages including surgery, medical and daycare treatments, cost of medicines and diagnostics. NHPM treatment package rates have already been fixed for these surgeries and treatment processes. People can avail cashless and paperless treatment worth up to Rs. 5 Lakh per annum. No insurance premium has to be paid by the beneficiary of the scheme.

Who Are eligible?

There is no bar on the age, income limit of the family members in the PM Jan Arogya Yojana which is launched with the objective of ensuring “Health for All”. All those people whose name appears in the Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC-2011) data are automatically included in this scheme. AB-PMJAY scheme is not based on caste, gender or religion but includes deprived rural and urban families.

How To Check Eligibility?

People can easily check their eligibility by checking their name in the PMJAY final list of beneficiaries at PMJAY website and the official website for Ayushman Bharat. All existing diseases are covered from day 1, and no hospital can deny treatment to any poor person.

Where To Avail The Treatment?

People can avail treatment facility simply in any nearby hospital which can be located in the list of empanelled hospitals, and this list carries the name of hospitals, address, contact numbers and specialities covered. Arogya Mitras would be deployed at each of the empanelled hospitals to assist people in claim settlement.

Registration / Application For Ayushman Bharat Yojana

It is important to note that there is no need to make registration or fill an online application form to avail treatment under PMJAY mega health insurance scheme. All the eligible beneficiaries can avail treatment just by showing their Aadhar card or Ayushman family cards or Ration card or Voter card. However, for second-time treatment under PM Jan Aogya Yojana, Aadhar card is a mandatory document.

In case of any problem, people can contact the PMJAY helpline number at 14555 or 1800-111-565.

1. Himani Tiwari

The above given information is great and explained in great way. I read like this news on indiaagainstcorruption like ration card list download do follow the link https://indiaagainstcorruption.org/ration-card-list-download/ go and read interesting news on sarkari yojana.

2. Aditi Gupta

Get to know about Narendra Modi’s email id, contact number, and address. If you want to make a complaint about anything wrong happens near you, then you have to visit https://indiaagainstcorruption.org/narendra-modi-email-id/ to make a complaint.

3. Neha Agrawal

india against corruption is the best online website to read new government schemes at one place.

4. Neha Agrawal

mp rojgar is the best scheme by the government to make youth self capable.

5. savita sharma

I must appreciate the efforts of Bharat sarkar that he launch such kind of yojna. did you know Bharat Sarkar has released the list of up ration card online now, you can check it on your phone on the given link https://indiaagainstcorruption.org/up-ration-card/

6. savita sharma

I must appreciate the efforts of Bharat sarkar that he launch such kind of techniques. did you know Bharat Sarkar has released the list of up ration card online now, you can check it on your phone on the given link https://indiaagainstcorruption.org/up-ration-card/

7. Neha Agrawal

india against corruption is a best website to read about various new government schemes at one place. One of this is mp rojgar which is the best scheme as well by mp government.

8. madhu jain

rastriya parivarik labh is very helpful to family and government give help of Rs 30000 if the head of household passes away, you can visit https://indiaagainstcorruption.org/uttar-pradesh-rashtriya-parivarik-labh/

9. smriti sharma

yes you can also red about the upsdm.gov.in and this is very useful to you.

10. shurabhi gautam

Haryana Government gives them an important gift for Haryana people in the form of Saksham Yojna you can take advantage of this scheme Haryana people get the benefit of this scheme through this scheme the youth of Haryana get some support for more information you can visit our website saksham yuva

11. Himani Tiwari

There are lot of schemes are launching daily and for taking their benefits rajasthan govenment make it necessary to apply for aay praman patra check the link for more information.

More from Rajesh Kumar

By Nafisa Hasan

By Birbal Jha