To The ‘Bhaiyon Ka Channel’ That Calls Gay Men Meetha And Offers Anal Sex As A Prank

There is this Youtube channel named AVR prank tv which has a very interesting tagline “bhaiyon ka channel”. While the channel claims to promote brotherhood, the anchor of the videos put out by this channel spreads homophobia and misconception about gay men. He refers gay men as ‘meetha’ and doesn’t consider us as ‘bhai’.

The host of this channel goes out on the streets of northern India asking people if they are “meetha”. Meetha is the derogatory term for gay people. According to Indian mindset, men should not be sweet (meetha). Sweetness is either a trait of weakness or related to womanhood. Men are expected to be more strong and aggressive hence needed to be more “ tikha”(spicy/bitter) and not sweet at all. Sweetness is also regarded as a trait of weak women or effeminate men who get molested by ‘tikha’ men.

The host of this channel is so misinformed and inexperienced in life that he judges people on the bases of physical fitness level, walking style and can determine their sexual orientation on these bases. He can identify “meetha ” people by looking at them, their walking style and gestures.  He also believes that gay people have a small penis and soft ass and hence they are always looking for straight men to have intercourse.

Dear avr pranktv,
I am gay, and I do not have the traits you mentioned in your videos. You will surely not identify me as gay if you look for those requirements of meetha people in me.  I, and most gay people I know will also not qualify as per your definition of homosexuality.

Your definition of gay people is limited and disappointing. We do not want straight men to have anal sex with us. We will not allow you to have sex with us because you are an utter embarrassment. You should learn that not all gay men are interested in anal sex.

Do you come from an uneducated, backward school of thoughts that you are so misinformed about a community? You will not be very happy to find that gay men are not meetha but as normal as your ‘straight’ boys whom you invite to your channel as brothers.

There are plenty of gay men in armies of Western countries. Many European countries have gay people as their head of state, gay men participate in Olympic games, and they engage in sports like wrestling, boxing, hockey. There are gay cricketers and football players. It may surprise you that the person who represented India in world bodybuilding championship was not your straight “Bhai” but a transgender man.

So I suggest you to stop polluting society with your homophobic material. Instead, focus on real entertainment as CarryMinati does.

If you get to meet real gay men, do not be so generous to them that you start offering them anal sex as you did in your videos. You will regret it big time. They may take your case.

I have no hatred for you, just one request: Do not think of us as sex toys or weak men or submissive sex-seeking men. We are like normal boys, and unfortunately, most of us are in the closet because of the society we live in. If all gay and bisexual men come out of the closet and start interacting with people, all the stupid preconceived notions will be broken, and there will be no difference left between straight and gay men.

You are a  famous YouTuber, and  I urge you to use your platform to stop gay bashing and stereotypes. And instead, create a society where we can live happily without getting judged. One last suggestion, that super straight “bhai” who laughs with you on gay people might himself be gay. Maybe he is just intimidated and disappointed with his sexuality that he chooses to laugh on other gay men. I was that “straight guy” who always made fun of other gay men with friends because I was not happy with my sexuality or the image society had and still has for people of my sexual orientation.

We are gay but not a toy of this society. Welcome us as your brother to your channel. I liked your channel motto “bhaiyon ka channel’ we are bhai “not meethe log”.