Elections 2018: Exit Polls Project Congress Ahead In Rajasthan and MP

Polling ended in all the states that were going to elections and the exit polls are out; the nation keenly awaits the final result. The Congress seems set to form the next government in Rajasthan while it stands neck to neck with the BJP in Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh. Going by the India Today-My Axis India numbers the Congress is set to lose its last state in the Northeast with the Mizo National Front likely to win 16-22 seats in the 40-member Mizoram assembly. The TRS seems to be forming the government in Telengana with exit polls also showing that Asaduddin Owaisi’s All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen is likely to win more seats than the BJP. This is just the beginning to show that the jungle raj and attempt to win by creating hatred has been rejected by the voters. Yogi Adityanath, who has become a key campaigner over recent times had nothing in store and kept revolving around renaming places and getting people to flee. One he forgot what rights people have and his remarks of ‘You keep your Ali, for us Bajrang Bali will be enough’ has clearly failed. His arrogance will meet its fate on December 11 when the results will come out.

Telengana:

In this state is looks like the TRS president and Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao’s gamble of advancing the assembly polls by dissolving the assembly early will pay off and he will retain his power. The TV9 Telegu-AARA Project puts the Congress at about 25-35 seats and the TRS at 75-85 and others at 9-14. These are the seats of AIMIM and the BJP.

Chhattisgarh:

The Congress will wrest for power in the state with the BJP which has been in power in the state for 15 years. The Congress is predicted to win according to a few, while the other results show it as the BJP. The alliance of Ajit Jogi’s Janata Congress and Mayawati’s Bahujan Samaj Party is predicted to win about 6 seats.

Mizoram:

The Congress is said to be likely to lose the last state it held in the Northeast region and the MNF is likely to form the government. Currently, the Congress has been ruling for the last 10 years.

What is bigger is that the Congress, with hopeful wins, is back into the game and this makes the race for 2019 wide open. What definitely will be a watch is to see how different alliances stitch up at each of the state levels. Both these national parties have a lot to gain. These parties have tried everything possible to woo voters, though the real impact can only be known on December 11.