Had Kamal Nath Thought Differently, Criticisms Would Not Have Surrounded Him

If we remain attached to all that is good within us instead of being relegated to shadowy corners of our lives, there must not come up sharp criticisms upon our earthly existence. Had Kamal Nath thought about this philosophy he would have not opened his mouth on the migrants’ issue and made an insensitive statement on ‘UP, Bihar’. He was born in Kanpur district of Uttar Pradesh, educated in Kolkata of West Bengal, and is now holding reins of the state of Madhya Pradesh, his rants against outsiders do not hold much significance if he would have thought of this.

The corporate world selects job-seekers on the basis of ability. In such a case his inclination over giving incentives to the industries providing 70% jobs to the state youth is unjust. Talent is preferred over the region a person comes from in the modern-day cosmopolitan standard of recruitment. If migrants from UP and Bihar are getting jobs, the reason is their qualification. Political leaders across the country have criticised him for his remark. Akhilesh Yadav, SP president, said that people from Maharashtra, Delhi and Madhya Pradesh were coerced to leave those states and it was wrong. Yogi Adityanath, UP Chief Minister also criticised his remark by accusing him of divisive and regressive politics.

The RJD even disapproved his remarks in Bihar, and they urged him to avoid making such remarks in future. Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Minister also commented that Nath seems to be unaware of the existing rules that prioritise jobs for the native population. BJP leader Kailash Vijaywargiya flayed him for divisive politics and pitting one region against another. Neeraj Kumar, MLC, JD(U) criticised him for a direct attack on the country’s federal structure. Meanwhile, a case has been registered against him at a court in Bihar’s Muzaffarpur district. The petitioner Tamanna Hashmi said in the plea that Mr Nath’s remark amounted to creating an atmosphere of distrust for migrant workers in Madhya Pradesh.

It further sought that the CM should issue an unconditional apology. While Bihar Congress working president, Kaukab Qadri assuaged that Mr Nath was only indicating towards the political leadership in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar that deviated from its responsibility towards the talented and hard-working youths migrating to other states for livelihood. However, these employed people are not exactly happy with such a statement. He was also not relieved from the 1984 anti-Sikh riots’ smudge. Although he clarified his position by saying that it was just politics. There was an analysis that he was free on the sheer principle of benefit of doubt. Even Tejinder Pal Singh Bagga, Delhi BJP spokesman, observed four-day long hunger strike to protest alleging his role in the demonstration.

Was he being made Jesus Christ? He does not want to be crucified. A woven crown of thorns was placed on the head of Jesus during the events that led up to his crucifixion. It was one of the instruments of passion employed by his captors both to cause him pain and to mock his claim of authority, according to three of the synoptic gospels. Even the gospels of Matthew also mentioned when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon his head and a reed in his right hand. Then they bowed the knee and mocked him by saying Hail, King of the Jews! Just the same sort of circumstance was perhaps encompassing him. Will he successfully cross the Rubicon river as Julius Caesar crossed the Rubicon river between Italy and Gaul in 49 B.C. after a war against Pompey and the Roman Senate?

He has now been treading on a very dangerous prickly path. A strong wave of bitterness has been approaching him by and by. Even in case of the loan waiver announcement in favour of 34 lakh farmers, the detractors linked the move with the looming fiscal fuss in the state. The likely financial load is going to be between 35 and 38 thousand crores after waiving an amount of Rs 2 lakh per farmer. He signed an order to write off short-term loans of the farmers in the state. Their eligibility for loan waiver taken from the nationalised banks and cooperative banks stood till March 31, 2018.

Shivraj Singh Chauhan was never in favour of this loan waiver. He spent heavily on the procurement of wheat, soybean and pulses under the scheme known as Bhavantar Bhugtan Yojana in the last two years of his tenure. But as experts pointed out the investments in agriculture will suffer as a result since the same money will be used for the loan waivers. Allotment of expenditure in key areas will also be influenced as there could be a shortage of ample funds for that purpose. There’s a possibility of a precarious fiscal situation in the state.

A careful analysis of the latest data reveals that the fiscal situation in MP is fairly fragile in comparison to Karnataka and Maharashtra which have implemented similar waivers, they cautioned. The BJP criticised that the loan waiver decision was initiated in haste without proper paperwork. The cut-off date excluded most of the farmers. There was no eligibility criterion. A 22-member panel comprising of Chief Secretary,  Commissioner,  Agriculture Production, Development Commissioner (rural), Principal secretaries of agriculture, horticulture, co-operatives, tribal development, revenue departments for implementing the loan waiver settlement has been set up.