This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Shafa Sajjad. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Prioritize Your Real Life Over The Virtual One

More from Shafa Sajjad

One morning as soon as I opened my eyes started moving my hands near my pillow in search of my mobile phone, this is my regular practice of checking phone as soon as I wake up. I was surprised to see there was no internet connection as WiFi recharge was over & my data pack expired few days back. I got up from bed and started performing my daily routine tasks like any other day.

I found myself less bothered about checking my phone in fact I could concentrate much better on my actual work, without breaking off to check my social media feeds, that day I wasn’t even bothered where my phone was lying. I observed that I have more time for thinking as my mind was not preoccupied by the stuff I saw on Internet. Soon I started making plans of doing things which I wanted to do but couldn’t do due to lack of time. I was happy and enjoying the no internet day. This all made me realise that those few minutes spent on our phones takes most part of our time which could be used in a productive way and can bring out creativity within us.

It not only reduces our capacity to do something productive but also affect our health, the blue light emitted by our phone screen inhibits melatonin production and thus prevent us from falling asleep at night. We have made our lives so busy that we don’t have time for ourselves we are always in hustle and bustle. We are always preoccupied by so many things that we don’t even have vision to observe the things happening around us. Whenever we get time we spend that using our phones.These problems could only be solved by taking small steps daily like turning off the notification, turning off WiFi, assigning time limits to our social media usage and keeping our phone away while on bed, if you have your phone within reach, the temptation to take just a look-see will be hard to resist.

If you need to read something before you nod off, reach for a book instead. I wonder sometimes we are so busy looking down at our phones we may forget to look up at stars and dream. There is a life outside mobile which needs our attention and observation and is worth appreciation. Don’t be oblivious, carve out a period during the day when you set your phone aside so that you can just be in the moment. Prioritise your real life over the virtual one.Take out time for yourself do the best use of time it is well said that time once gone will never come back. You have got just one life make it worth.

More from Shafa Sajjad

By Manish Agarwal

By Abhimanyu Mishra

By Md Ghalib Hussain