Help Yourself Before You Help Others

The biggest mistake we all make is forgetting about ourselves. We manage to get caught up in the kindness of doing well and helping others that we forget ourselves. This is what happened to me, I took into kindness as a means to get rid of depression and got carried away with it.

I often feel when I think about it that I should have been little selfish, but the truth is no one is really going to care about me but myself. That’s what happened; I decided to take care of puppies during the tough phase of my life, initially I felt that there are a lot of supporters to like, comment, smile and appreciate on the face, and pretends to be there for me but when I need help the most and are struggling, the only person I had to help was myself.

Nobody is to be blamed here, people have their own needs and wants, and they probably will prioritize themselves over others. I must say that don’t be caught up in social work and all those bullshit.

Look out for yourself. There are people who force themselves to do, so that they can keep in good graces with their online friends, and there are others who are insecure and don’t like to be left alone while trying to deal with the mess in their life but one gets to much get carried away by kindness, we lose ourselves in the process.

By worrying about other people, we tend to make their problems, our problems and in the end, we forget our own problems.

What I did wrong was, Instead of focusing on myself, better and growing in life. I decided to put my time and energy into other people and issues, which yields no value to me.

I learnt an important lesson from one of the airline’s security videos:

“Before you assist others, always put your oxygen mask on first.”

I think that is true to all of us in real life. We have to put oneself first before helping someone else, know that assist yourself before helping someone else.

If your life is not in order, how can you help others?

‘Get your own oxygen mask on so that you can assist others’

The lesson I took a lot of time to learn. In conclusion, I have realized that the first person who deserves my help is I, Myself.