What Do We Need From A Government In India?

I have been told by various people that our current government works like a corporate. It works very professionally, doesn’t comment on every issue and is building strong international relationships like a business development team of a humunguous corporate. My only concern is would you ever give a corporate normally termed as blood-sucking money making  machines a chance to frame your country’s policies, and eventually drive your future?

Forget me, I have been lucky enough to have been born in a family which can afford decent education which landed me a well paying job. Today, we need good governance for someone else. We need governance for that one man who wakes up everyday at 4.00 am to fetch water from the public tubewell. He doesn’t get a running supply of electricity and works 12 hard hours for his family. His wife is working hard to provide a safe and healthy environment for the kids who have been programmed not to dream big.
Every evening this family gathers around with many more such families to watch a politician making huge promises on the colony television. They watch the show, sometimes even discuss it with their peers but soon enough forget about it. In their head, they know nothing will change for them with any government.
We don’t need a corporate government in our country. We don’t need a government to make promises of building temples or statues or quotas. All we need is a government which gives people the hope of a better future and their children the right to dream.
Concluding with a quote by Raghuram Rajan, who has rightly said, “Strong government doesn’t mean simply military power or an efficient intelligence apparatus. Instead, it should mean effective, fair administration – in other words, ‘good governance.”

Do you find online payments safe?

Take this survey and help companies and the government make online payments safer for you.

Take the Survey