My Appeal To Every First Time Voter

The year 2019 is going to witness the true festival of democracy in the form of Lok Sabha elections. As India is the largest Democracy(in terms of population) of the world, it’s a proud moment for every adult Indian citizen to participate in the world’s biggest democratic exercise. We are a population of 125 crores and more than 90 crore Indians would be casting their votes later this year. I am thrilled as I will be exercising my voting right for the first time this year.

I request every person to vote, as it is not only your right but also your duty and responsibility as a citizen. I have heard many people say that what difference will their vote make, and how it’s completely a futile exercise. But every single vote matters and I urge each and every first-time voter to cast their votes. I also request them to spread awareness among people around them, about the importance of elections in deciding the five-year journey that our country would be embarking on. I am from a very small town of Khachrod in the Lok Sabha constituency of Ujjain, and I will never vote on the basis of caste and religion. As it divides society into communal lines and I hope that everyone does the same.

Also read: 4 Things India SHOULD Remember Before Going To Vote In 2019

I would vote on the basis of substantial farmer-centric work done by the parliamentarians in my constituency. As we are suffering from unemployment, I want our candidates to convince us how they will provide the youth with more jobs. If you ask me, whether issues like Ram Mandir matter to me or not? My answer will be a big no! These issues only matter in loud television debates and to the anchors sitting in their air-conditioned chambers, oblivious of the ground reality.

I hope that post-elections, my constituency would be corruption and communalism free. I want our chosen parliamentarians to talk about and work for development, growth, innovation, secularism, and socialism.