Gir Asiatic Lion Vs Royal Bengal Tigress

All of us have come across the barrage of news stories about the ongoing tussle between the West Bengal Chief Minister, Mamata Banerjee and Prime Minister, Narendra Modi. For those of you who aren’t quite sure of what exactly happened, let me explain it to you with the help of a small story.

The post is not intended to hurt anyone. I apologise if it still does.

Image Credit: Deccan Chronicle

Let’s say Narendra Modi is the VC of a hypothetical institute, Bharat University, the Central University so to say, and Bengal College is affiliated with Bharat University. Let’s also make Mamata Banerjee the dean of Bengal College.

Narendra Modi’s best friend and the principal of B.J.P school, Amit Shah, wanted to visit Bengal College. But the principal of Bengal college was not happy with the news at all. The top IPS officer, who was in charge of Bengal College’s security, denied permission to Amit Shah for the visit.

When Amit Shah complained about this to his best friend, the latter was furious. He decided to take action against the involved IPS officer .

So Mr. Modi decided to send a CBI team to teach the officer a lesson. Questioning of the IPS officer, by the CBI team, infuriated Ms. Banerjee. She quickly ordered her security officials to go and arrest the CBI officers, who in turn were left shocked, as they were dragged and put behind bars by the security officers of the college.

This made Modi extremely furious, once again, especially because despite being the VC, the security officers were following the dean’s orders. When the VC went to the deciding authority to complain, the judge said that the IPS officer cannot be arrested, he can only be questioned.

Narendra Modi was red-faced by the incident, and decided to have his revenge. He then cautioned the officials who were involved in the row, to return to the Central University, or else, he warned them that he would take away all their felicitations. On hearing the news, the officials were too scared to take an action, but the dean intervened and announced that they would be conferred with the highest award, of the Bengal college, which had a lot more value and weightage, compared to the prizes given by the Central University.

And that by and large, is a gist of the feud!

Do you find online payments safe?

Take this survey and help companies and the government make online payments safer for you.

Take the Survey