This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by STC INDIA. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Save The Children: Donate For A Cause

More from STC INDIA

Image Source : Getty

India’s population is a whopping 1.35 billion and the increase in population seems incessant, of which 39% is being represented by children. Child Poverty is a common phenomenon in such a situation.

Children because of the virtue of their age, are quite vulnerable because they are innocent and don’t have the insight and maturity to made decisions on their own, and can be easily exploited because of this.

There is a vast percentage of the population living on or below the poverty line in India. Poverty can have a long-lasting impact on people but the biggest victims of poverty are children. They suffer the most because they don’t have a voice of their own and are usually not aware of their rights. Millions of children living in poverty don’t have access to the most basic amenities like food, water, and shelter. However appalling it might be, the truth is that these poverty-stricken children have to survive on the mercy of others.

The Government of India has come up with various policies and schemes to change the current scenario. Many non-profit organizations have also joined hands with the government and are working for the betterment of children in India. Charities like Save the Children have made a global impact and are doing whatever it takes to ensure that all children have equal access to their rights and can have a happy and safe childhood.

Non-profit organizations like Save the Children are working with the most marginalized communities from the remotest corners of the country. If you wish to help children in need, you need to know that every bit counts. Save the Children believe in helping one child at a time. They believe in changing the lives of children in need and their families and communities by helping them create a better future for themselves.

Save the Children’s work is categorized under four thematic areas including child education, health and nutrition, child protection, and humanitarian response and disaster risk reduction. Save the Children has come a long way since the last decade. Its projects are spread across India and the globe and are addressing the most pressing issues of children from the most disadvantaged communities. Save the Children collaborates with the government, academic and research institutions, and other organizations working for child welfare.

Donating for the cause of children will not only make you feel good but it will also strengthen your personal values. It will also inculcate a sense of generosity in your children, family, and friends. Charities are able to pull off the good work that they are doing only because of the generous support they receive from their donors. Save the Children India has positively transformed the lives of more than 1 crore children since 2008. All donations to non-profit organizations are tax-exempted under section 80G of the Income Tax Act 1961. You can regularly donate to a non-profit organization and make a big difference in the life of a child in need.

By donating to charities like Save the Children, you can ensure that all children irrespective of their origin get an equal opportunity to survive and thrive. Donate now and help a child in need.

You can also donate online.

More from STC INDIA

By Preeti Ojha

By Pratisandhi Foundation