Meet The 17-Year-Old Child Rights Crusader Fighting To Improve India’s Sanitation Crisis

What does it take to be a Child Champion? Ask Amit Kumar, a 17-year-old child rights crusader from Delhi, who’s been working to uplift the lives of children in his community, Coolie Camp, by increasing awareness about children’s issues, sanitation and health related issues.

Amit Kumar, 17.

With the belief that children have a lot to share, he’s always been pro opportunities to talk about challenges, demands and solutions directly with policymakers. This year, through Save the Children India, he found the ideal opportunity to highlight the issues of children to government representatives, demanding that ahead of the General Elections, these issues don’t take a backseat in policymaking.

We caught up with Amit at the state level conference in Delhi to unpack these demands, and here’s what we learned:

On Challenges To Education

On Reservation

Implementation of Mid-Day Meal Scheme

Three Things To Change In Healthcare

The Issue Of Child Marriage

What Makes Delhi An Unfit National Capital

On The Nation He Wants For Children