This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Ranjan Mistry. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Why I Aspire To Develop An Entrepreneurial Atmosphere In Rural Areas

More from Ranjan Mistry

I started my career in the field of education, entering into the world of entrepreneurship with the hope to bring a positive change in the society – this eventually led me to the concept of Startups. These three things are very different from each other. For example; education is a necessity for society, but it’s too costly for the common man, while entrepreneurship is a means to develop skills and financial stability in the world, and finally, startups are the innovation that leads the country or a locality to new heights.

If I simply tell you that money and financial stability are enough to get an education and start your startups, you might question what I mean by education – I mean a degree, a college degree. But, if you want to get knowledge, then you don’t really need money and financial stability. You can directly enter the field of entrepreneurship. You just need an entrepreneurial atmosphere in your region for this. That’s why I am working towards it and trying to develop it in local regions.

For example, I have a lot of skills, such as marketing, sales, carpentry, photography, painting, programming, and farming. Although I never went to college to learn these things, I simply learned them on my own, or from my ancestors by gaining experience while doing the work. All of this was possible due to an entrepreneurial atmosphere.

For representation only. Source: Getty Images

I believe that maturity comes from fieldwork, not from big universities nor certain classes. I believe that once you are able to raise questions, then you are mature enough to handle a startup, an industry or the ecosystem. If your goal is to start your own venture, then you must first fix your sustainability, for at least two years, before you start a venture. After that, you need to focus on market research, execution, and penetration rate. Trust yourself to build your venture rather than depending on government agencies and incubation centres. I believe in making an impact rather than buzzing about my venture in the society.

As per my knowledge, Bihar has 31 universities, but, you won’t believe that none of these universities has a single incubation centre, nor any entrepreneurship cell – they don’t have any proper training or placement cells either. It’s true that few universities have started training and placement cells, and student activity centres, as per official documents, but they are not functional on the ground.

I have personally visited each university in the last two years and realized that students want to change these things and they demand an upgradation in the system, but university authorities, including Vice-Chancellors, Pro-Vice-Chancellors and professors in these universities don’t want to take the risk, and as a result, there is no growth. I have done approximately 650+ meetings at Patna University in the last one year to develop entrepreneurship cells and incubation centres. Similarly, I have had meetings in other colleges and universities in Bihar.

Now, in the month of January 2019, finally, Patna University decided to establish an incubation centre with the name ‘Patna University Incubation Hub’ proposed by me. PUI Hub will be the first incubation centre in any university of Bihar. Similarly, I proposed these things at the International School of Management, ISM Patna, and very soon that too will become a reality.

My goal is to establish entrepreneurship cells and incubation centres in local colleges of rural areas.

More from Ranjan Mistry

By Rajeev Kumar

By You're Wonderful Project;

By Maitreyi Kumari