Chenab Valley: Woman Carried Miles To Get Basic Treatment

It may strange sound, but it’s true that the Chenab Valley is being controlled by a group of mass leaders. The likes of G N Azad, Dr Jatinder Singh, Daleep Singh Parihar, Mohd Sharief Naiz, Ghulam Mohd Saroori, Shakti Raj Parihar, etc. have left no stone unturned in their attempt to make people’s lives miserable. In the Chenab valley, people are still struggling to keep their body and soul together.

Team SHAHEEN Trust, while expressing deep concern over the sorry state of affairs in the region, has slammed all the aforementioned representatives as well as the government due to its pathetic attitude towards the Chenab Valley. “When people are made to suffer due to the government’s negligence, it becomes a difficult issue to address.” Roads are a lifeline, but faulty roads are no less than a curse. The local administration has failed to resolve the matter. A woman was carried on shoulders to the nearest hospital 12 kms away.

It was in November that the road connecting Bagli and Amraie Champal had been blocked due to rainfall. More than five month have passed, but the administration has failed to repair the damaged road. This is the only road which connects our village to other areas of the district. Our people are facing a lot of problems. Patients are finding it hard to reach the hospital. It takes days to reach the district hospital. Employees, students and other people in our area find the commuting part difficult. Team SHAHEEN said that they tried to approach the concerned authorities in order to request them to restore the damage, but no action has been taken so far. Team SHAHEEN, along with the locals of Amraie Champal village in Teshil Chilly Pingal, are requesting the local administration to intervene, but their voice seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

Sd//Shafqat Shaheen Sheikh Media Cell Team SHAHEEN Trust Jammu and Kashmir