Are Women Entrepreneurs Born Or Made? Here’s What The Leaders Say!

From Left- Aastha Agarwal, Dr Jayshree Periwal, Sweta Mangal

The current era is all about cut-throat competition and success stories of both men and women entrepreneurs, setting new records every now and then.  The gender imbalance no longer exists in businesses, as the present day women are as competent and talented as men.

There are many examples of educated, independent and courageous women entrepreneurs making a mark with their laudable achievements.

However, a question is often raised by aspiring women entrepreneurs about their chances in the field of business, especially in a country like India. Before getting started, all they want to know is if the women entrepreneurs are born or can be made by hard-work and zeal?      

This is a difficult question to answer for a layman, as we see a number of women entrepreneurs struggling to make things happen for themselves in some industries. Let’s hear it from some of the leading women entrepreneurs in Rajasthan.

Sweta Mangal, Co-founder of Ziqitza Healthcare Ltd (ZHL), started her journey from a small village in Rajasthan. After her schooling, she went to the USA for higher education. She came back with an MBA degree and started ZHL, an emergency ambulance service.

It’s easy for the aspiring ones to think that the entrepreneurs are born. But, what matters is having the courage to start a business and putting your heart and soul to make it successful,” says Sweta Mangal.

If women entrepreneurs are born, then they should achieve success by just starting a business without caring about the results. But, the right DNA is not what makes you a successful woman entrepreneur, you have to strive for it,” she adds.

Another women entrepreneur from Rajasthan, Dr Jayshree Periwal, Director of JPIS has dedicated her life to education, successfully setting up five schools offering education to over 8,000 students. Once a homemaker, Dr Jayshree is an inspiring woman entrepreneur with a journey full of hard work and passion.

Aastha Agarwal, founder of PinkBlueIndia.com also shares a similar view when it comes to achieving success in business. According to her, success is all about the commitment of an individual. “One has to be committed and consistent in his efforts. It is important to stay focused to reach where you want to. Have faith in your goals and stay strong,” she says.

There is no dearth of such women entrepreneurs in India, who have created their own legacy. Passionate business leaders like Sweta Mangal, Dr Jayshree Periwal, Aastha Agarwal and many others have proved that it is possible to become a successful woman entrepreneur by honing your skills, gaining experience and putting your heart and soul into a business.