Every Time I Think About How Women Are Seen As The ‘Weaker’ Sex, It Hurts

The world is witnessing a change in its social dynamics, yet women are considered inferior to men, despite their powerful voices and active participation in social movements.

Polarisation of gender roles is still highly common and even more in rural backgrounds.

Time again, a problematic notion is reinstated—if you’re a woman, you must be confined within the walls of your own home. But the grim reality is, women are not safe in the expected ‘safe spaces’ of their own houses!Such notions escalate beyond the boundaries of states and plagues most of the humankind.

An image of alpha- masculinity is encouraged and therefore aggressiveness and subjugation is reflected towards women. Women are still considered as the ‘weaker’ sex and men as the strong one. Such patriarchal norms plague not only women but all genders!

Being a student, I know education doesn’t limit boundaries. But observing such blatant gender discriminatinoṅ and segregation in society—it hurts. Even to think about the ones who have suffered, and those who are still suffering.As Bjorn Ulvaeus has rightly said, “Some values must be universal, like human rights and the equal worth of every human being.”