Is Technology Killing Our Drive For Love And Intimacy?

In today’s age and time, with alternatives that people use to improve their experiences, the quality of love seems to be negotiable. Such alternatives causing incessant distractions are infinite and increasing at a rapid rate, and certain gadgets require considerable cognitive involvement to function perfectly.

The ways to avoid intimacy have always been more prevalent than how to be mindful of the ways to stimulate intimacy. The beginning of a romantic relationship is just an insight into what lies ahead in the future. However, most people lose themselves in endless distractions, and love is reduced to little more than a word.

Hovering in the sky, I saw a drone which I later discovered had a movie camera attached to it, controlled by a tech- junkie. Soon, there will be millions of drones the size of hummingbirds or even flies taking movies of everything below them. All such technological marvels are constantly being updated with new capabilities. Between movies, television, sporting events, gambling at casinos, computer use, work, shopping, driving somewhere, seeing friends and relatives, and many more things, where is the time for love beyond one’s biological needs?

The explosion of new inventions in arts, sports, and technology is molding people into robots who are fascinated with the outer world, but not aware of the beauty of their inner worlds. Humans are emotionally vulnerable behind their smiles, and gentle words serve as their main source and expression of love. The time spent with such distractions leaves little time for one’s unexplored inner world, which is far more complicated. The whole world is dependent on electricity but the spark can be shut down at any moment. The spark within you and not being wired for intimacy and self-love will leave a barren ground where only negativity will sprout like weeds in what should have been a garden of love and optimism!

The mind has value, but less so without emotional and spiritual fullness. Intelligence or wisdom arises when there is a balance with the mind. Without the functional inner world, humans are dysfunctional. Life is nothing without the explosion of your inner mind’s evolution into a brilliant light onto yourself and others. Isnʼt it time to feather the nest of love? The real quality of life is not how rich you are, but how rich you are in your inner self to enjoy more blessings and give back to the world!

Featured Image for representation only. Source: Pexels.