“The Journey” by Manajit Ghoshal Reviewed by Payal

NOTE: This post has been self-published by the author. Anyone can write on Youth Ki Awaaz.

The Journey by Manajit Ghoshal depicts the story of three generations of a family spread over three continents of the world. The narrative starts in the jungles of NorthEast India during WWII and ends in Mumbai of the late 2000s. The book beautifully unfolds the trials and tribulations faced by the members of that particular family. Be it war, partition, riots, terrorist attacks, death or other natural calamities, this family has faced and survived it all. And the author did not disappoint till the very end of the book where the climax left no loose ends, resolving every unanswered question thus giving the closure this book rightfully deserves.
.
Overall this book was a good read for me and at times I just could not keep it down because I wanted to know what happened next. the author definitely knows how to keep his readers on their toes. Only thing I didn’t like about the book is that at times when the narrative shifted from one situation to other it was abrupt and sometimes out of context too. Other than that, this book is surely a gripping tale. It was a 3.5 star read for me.
.
Manajit Ghoshal, the author was kind enough to answer a few questions for me. Here is what he had to say:
.
Who according to you get affected most during terror attacks that take place?
~The victims who experience a terror attack and live, carry the trauma throughout their life. But the family of the slain victims never come to terms with the meaningless acts that take the lives of their loved ones.
.
The message of peace in this world comes through war, why do you think that is?
~I think as a race, we need constant reminders to understand the higher good. This is sad but true.
.
Which is your favorite genre?
~I love thrillers.
.
Are you working on any books in the future?

~My book is titled The Journey. So the journey has to continue. A sequel is on its way.

Shop on Amazon Flipkart ShopClues and BlueRose