The Power Of The Word ‘Stay’

As per the internet, mental health includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It affects how we think, feel, and act. It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make choices. Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.

When you ask a person suffering from depression or any mental health disorder whether they are okay, or whether they want you to stay, their response in most of the cases is, “Yes, I am okay” or “Please go” but do they really mean that?  STAY is a very easy word but holds immense power.

A person who is suffering, either wants to be left alone or be surrounded by loved ones fearing being left alone.

In such cases, you have to stay with them and assure them that they are not alone. They make their own world, their mind is surrounded by various negative thoughts which leads them to take serious steps. Mainly found in teenagers because of failure or fear of acceptance from their immediate friends and family. We must try to understand them, and not blame them. They want someone non-judgmental, a friend, a stranger, a helping hand.