Affordable Healthcare in India: How Common Man Can Help Improve Accessibility

India is witnessing an unstable pendulum motion with doctors worrying for their safety and the helpless feeling among relatives of patients, on the two extremities. This is indeed a sad state for a country that has had historical decisions backed by vocal, peaceful agitations on issues such as Section 377, rape cases, etc.

Image via Getty

Redirecting the focus on the state of doctors across the country, it is imperative that the people are reminded of their importance. We all know that we cannot solely depend on the government to provide affordable healthcare services. Today, the number of deaths due to the absence of medical services are considerably more than due to other health issues.

On that note, here is a list of solutions that can be implemented for the improvement of healthcare services across the country:

1. Capitalizing On The NGO-Corporate Tie-Ups

According to the government guidelines, it is mandatory for each corporate entity to spend at least 2% of their average net profits made in the last three years on Corporate Social Responsibility. Due to this, multiple NGO-corporate tie-ups have been conducting activities for decades.

People can approach such NGOs and organize medical events that can help in improving the awareness, lifestyle, and overall health of the people around them. In addition, with corporate entities involved, quality healthcare can be expected to feature portable machines and experienced doctors.

2. Contact Hospitals That Provide Medical Vans In Your Society

Societies that are registered under Residents Welfare Association can contact hospitals such as Niira Radia‘s Nayati Healthcare that provide medical facilities via mobile vans. With this, not only the residents can enjoy quality healthcare, but further create awareness around them so that other societies can adopt this initiative and create a local ecosystem of good medical services.

3. Charitable Hospitals

The operations of charitable hospitals are considerably dependent on the common man’s money. These institutions could organize medical camps targeting various common medical issues such as blood pressure, Diabetes, Body Mass Index, Thyroid, Asthma, and general awareness every month. This will help in improving the health of people from all walks of life.

The safety levels of doctors and the state of affordable healthcare services in India is currently deteriorating. In such circumstances, the people should come together and work towards the solutions mentioned above. While a particular section can provide financial stability, others can volunteer and leave no stone unturned in ensuring the implementation of any one of the three solutions.

Let’s begin this revolution and showcase the power of the ‘common man’!

Featured image via Getty