YKA Is Hiring A Research Analyst For A Project On MHM!

Position​: Research Analyst for a project on Menstrual Hygiene Management

About the Role: ​Youth Ki Awaaz is looking for a passionate and qualified candidate who has a specialisation in gender studies, and has experience in working on issues related to SRHR (with a special focus on MHM). This particular role requires the candidate to design a quantitative questionnaire for an online baseline survey for the age group of 18-35 years, on perceptions and awareness around menstrual hygiene and its intersections with different themes like health, education, employment, environment, etc.. The researcher is also required to analyse the data and create a robust report of the findings.

The candidate will work closely with the YKA Campaigns team to strengthen the online survey to make it user-friendly and align with the overall project.

Primary Roles and Responsibilities:

1. Review the literature and research that exists on the status of MHM in India, and design a questionnaire that helps map perceptions around menstrual health, and different intersectional issues that impact access to menstrual hygiene and its management.
  2. Design key outcome indicators to monitor responses received on the survey from time to time.
  3. Statistically analyse the data collected from YKA’s online survey tool, and create a robust analytical report based on these findings to map current perspectives and help inform potential areas of intervention.
  4. Write a comprehensive report which is also easy to understand, and can be put out in the public domain for mass public and media consumption.

Start Date: ​Immediately

End Date: ​10th September

Relevant Technical Knowledge, Skills and Experience:

1. Ability to analyse large, complex, multi-dimensional datasets with a sample size of upto 10,000
  2. A Graduate or Post Graduate degree in Economics or Statistics with at least 4-5 years of relevant work experience as a statistician.
  3. Experience in Advance Excel with experience of making Pivot Tables, Macros, Dashboard will be crucial.
  4. Prior knowledge and understanding of database management software such as Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS), MySQL, PostgreSQL and MS Access, and MS SQL will be beneficial.
  5. Advanced knowledge and working of MS office.
  6. Top-notch English writing and grammar skills to write a comprehensive report, with visualisations.
  7. Prior experience in working and managing large scale projects around issues related to gender, will be very beneficial and preferred
  8. Prior experience in working and engaging on issues relevant to young people will be an added advantage

Compensation: The selected candidate will be given a monthly CTC of Rs 1,10,000/-  for the 2-month project.

How to apply: Interested applicants can email their CV and relevant links of past work to careers@youthkiawaaz.com.

Applications closed. 

About Youth Ki Awaaz

Youth Ki Awaaz (YKA) is India’s largest, crowdsourced media platform that engages young people on key social justice issues. The YKA community represents young India’s voice on critical issues shaping our world. YKA enables young people to address and engage on important social justice issues that matter to them – through writing and media creation via powerful storytelling, first-person narratives, opinions, experiences, and more.