Position: Workshop Coordinator for a project on Menstrual Hygiene Management
About the Role: Youth Ki Awaaz (YKA) is looking for a Workshop Coordinator with experience of planning and delivering workshops. We are looking for someone with skills to support and inspire diverse young people to challenge themselves to change the world they live in. The role primarily involves leading a number of workshops and trainings throughout the year. You will be required to run workshops and trainings with young change makers and also be responsible for the development of learning programmes.
You will have to ensure that the participants are fully prepared and excited about the aspects of the workshop and that they feel connected to Youth Ki Awaaz, our values and ambition. YKA workshops are bespoke, so an eye to detail is essential to ensure each and every workshop is smoothly run and has a successful outcome.
We are looking for a flexible team player, with great interpersonal skills, one who is calm in any situation, and can quickly get to grips with the task at hand and see it through successful completion. You should be comfortable working with and bringing individuals together to meet an end goal and are happy to work towards and manage large budgets, and can report against targets regularly.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Workshop Strategist to collaborate and ensure consistency across our workshops and accuracy in information delivered, work on concept notes, session concept notes and agenda
- Build knowledge management of workshop materials including preparation of materials to be used (research studies, case studies, reports, etc.)
- Develop, design and regularly update training resources, develop evaluation processes to collect and analyse quantitative and qualitative data to develop successful workshops
- Manage the logistics for all workshops including finding and booking suitable venues, arranging F&B, taking care of travel requests, and processing expenses and invoices for the Workshop Strategist for an orderly and successful conduct of workshops
- Reaching out to and managing database of participants (internal and external) for the workshop
- Ensure the invitations are sent properly with all relevant attachments to the invitees and follow up for their participation confirmation through email or phone calls if needed
- Communicating with speakers, panelists, resource persons, and participants, to provide guidance on session details, administrative, and logistical requirements in preparation for and during the workshop
- Communicating with various organisations for the workshop, to facilitate participation, answer questions, and ensure proactive communication with key elements about the workshop
- Provide overall support during the workshop making sure that all the requirements of the speakers and participants are fully met
- Communicate across teams to ensure effective delivery of the workshop programme
- Develop the workshop report and analyse the evaluation findings for further dissemination
- Collect photos, videos and quotes during the workshop to generate excitement online and encourage community members to take action.
- 5+ years of workshop, training or facilitation experience, preferably on youth focussed or social projects
- Ability to support and inspire a diverse range of young people aged 16-25, able to prioritise and make the best use of time
- Deep understanding of logistics management for workshops and trainings, with an ability to manage the schedule of multiple workshop events
- Ability to effectively deliver and manage tasks in a fast–paced environment within a scheduled time with limited supervision and confidently handle demanding deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, communication, facilitation and time management skills, including experience of presenting, public speaking and training delivery with an eye for detail
- Experience of developing workshop and training material, ability to manage a significant workload and adhere to tight deadlines
- Adequate knowledge and experience of working on various social media channels
- Excellent research skills, creative and is constantly looking for ‘outside of the box’ ideas
- Ability to collaborate, influence and partner with other internal and external teams
- Excellent networking, written and verbal skills
- Proficient with MS Office.
How to apply: Interested applicants can email their CV and relevant links of past work to email@example.com
About Youth Ki Awaaz
Youth Ki Awaaz (YKA) is India’s largest, crowdsourced media platform that engages young people on key social justice issues. The YKA community represents young India’s voice on critical issues shaping our world. YKA enables young people to address and engage on important social justice issues that matter to them – through writing and media creation via powerful storytelling, first-person narratives, opinions, experiences, and more.