YKA Is Hiring A Workshop Strategist For A Project On MHM!

Position​: Workshop Strategist for a project on Menstrual Hygiene Management

About the Role: Youth Ki Awaaz (YKA) is looking for a Workshop Strategist with extensive experience of planning and delivering workshops with school children and young adults. We are looking for someone with skills to support and inspire diverse young people to challenge themselves to change the world they live in. The role primarily involves leading a number of workshops and trainings throughout the year. You will be required to manage the workshops and trainings of young change makers and also be responsible for the development of learning programmes.

You will have to ensure that the participants are fully prepared and excited about the aspects of the workshop and that they feel connected to Youth Ki Awaaz, our values and ambition. YKA workshops are bespoke, so an eye to detail is essential to ensure each and every workshop is smoothly run and has a successful outcome.

We are looking for a flexible team player, with great interpersonal skills, one who is calm in any situation, and can quickly get to grips with the task at hand and see it through successful completion. You should be comfortable working with and bringing individuals together to meet an end goal and are happy to work towards and manage large budgets, and can report against targets regularly.

Key Duties and Responsibilities:

1. Work with the Campaigns team to collaborate and ensure consistency across our workshops and accuracy in information delivered, work on concept notes, session concept notes and agenda
  2. Manage knowledge management of workshop materials including preparation of materials to be used (research studies, case studies, reports, etc.)
  3. Develop, design and regularly update training resources, develop evaluation processes to collect and analyse quantitative and qualitative data to develop successful workshops
  4. Manage facilitators for all workshops including, finding suitable and knowledgeable facilitators for the workshop, briefing facilitators leading to a successful workshop
  5. Manage debriefing with support staff, and processing expenses and invoices leading to the orderly and successful conduct of workshops
  6. Deliver pre-workshop training to volunteers and ensure all quality standards are met
  7. Communicate across teams to ensure effective delivery of the workshop programme
  8. Support the wider team to ensure that volunteers engage with important and inspiring information throughout their pre-workshop phase in a way that suits their learning styles
  9. Develop the workshop report and analyse the evaluation findings for further dissemination
  10. Administer budget management.

Required Skills:

1. 7+ years of extensive workshop, training or facilitation experience, preferably on youth focussed or social projects
  2. Ability to support and inspire a diverse range of young people aged 16-25, able to prioritise and make the best use of time
  3. Deep understanding of logistics management for workshops and trainings, with an ability to manage the schedule of multiple workshop events
  4. Ability to effectively deliver and manage tasks in a fast–paced environment within a scheduled time with limited supervision and confidently handle demanding deadlines
  5. Excellent interpersonal, organisational, communication, facilitation and time management skills, including experience of presenting, public speaking and training delivery with an eye for detail
  6. Experience of developing workshop and training material, ability to manage a significant workload and adhere to tight deadlines
  7. Excellent research skills, creative and is constantly looking for ‘outside of the box’ ideas
  8. Ability to collaborate, influence and partner with other internal and external teams
  9. Excellent networking, written and verbal skills
  10. Proficient with MS Office

How to apply: Interested applicants can email their CV and relevant links of past work to careers@youthkiawaaz.com​.

Application deadline: 6 pm, Saturday, July 20

About Youth Ki Awaaz
Youth Ki Awaaz (YKA) is India’s largest, crowdsourced media platform that engages young people on key social justice issues. The YKA community represents young India’s voice on critical issues shaping our world. YKA enables young people to address and engage on important social justice issues that matter to them – through writing and media creation via powerful storytelling, first-person narratives, opinions, experiences, and more.