How Music Helped Me In The Lowest Phase Of My Life

Music
Source: Getty Images

Songs are more than just a way of entertainment. I can say this because I have experienced it, and I want others to understand the same. Different kinds of songs have different effects. Many songs help me in keeping and maintaining a positive mindset.

The key is to try and listen to the lyrics of every song you come across and then decide which ones make you feel good and create a positive outlook for you.

Let me tell you a story:

I had just lost my parents and all hope had deserted me. I thought about consulting a therapist but couldn’t afford to pay the fee. I was so depressed that I would zone out while talking to someone and start thinking about my sad life. Some people were concerned about me while others just drifted away because they didn’t want to be a part of my drama. A very good friend of mine gave me a mixtape of his song collection. He said, “This is what I listen to when I feel low”. He also gave me his walkman so that I could listen to the mixtape. Later that day, I went home and started listening to the first song, then second, and then third. I must admit that I felt ‘relieved’. It’s hard to explain, but I felt as though these singers are conveying the feelings that were lying buried within my heart. The next day, I thanked my best friend and asked him to make a copy of that mixtape. He gave me a copy the next day along with a walkman. I asked, “How would you listen to songs?” He replied: “I’ll buy another one.” He added some new songs to the tape. We kept listening to new songs and shortlisted the ones we like.

After listening to these songs, a feeling of optimism started gripping me. Music came into my life much before photography, and I will always cherish it as one of the most important aspects of my life. I still need to listen to songs that motivate me and make me feel happy about myself. Trust me when I tell you, it helps a lot.

In my opinion, people should closely listen to some songs instead of wasting their money on a therapist. Music is the only therapy session I need, and I believe it can help anyone who’s feeling low, sad, depressed, stressed.

I’ve made a list of the best songs that can motivate you and make you feel positive.

Not Afraid – Eminem Eminem talks to the people who are lost and need a direction or some guidance to get back on the track. He says that they can take his hand and he’ll help them in coming out of the void they are in. Sometimes, all you need is hope, and this song will do the job for you.

Till I Collapse – Eminem ft. Nate Dogg

This song is motivating. The lyrics of this song will inspire you to do the best you can. The main tone of the song is energetic and it delivers the message of not caring about how many times you fail and to keep hustling till your last breath. I assure you that you will forget about all your troubles while listening to this song and will only focus on your goals.

Eye Of The Tiger – Survivor I first heard this song in the movie and immediately thought to myself, “I want this in my playlist”. I spent hours searching for the song and listened to it on repeat when I found it. I would recommend other songs by ‘Survivor’ as well.

Lose Yourself – Eminem

I think that the G.O.A.T (Greatest Of All Time) created this masterpiece just for winning an Oscar. This song is one of the most motivational songs ever, and the Godlike storytelling by Mr. Mathers makes it even better. Whenever you feel lazy or unenthusiastic, play this song and feel the immense energy it provides.

Survival – Eminem   Another masterpiece by Mr. Mathers, this song has an impulsive beat and immensely motivating lyrics. Em talks about the world and how the only way to thrive is being the fittest. This song will prompt you to shake off all your stress and focusing on the path ahead of you.

Remember The Name – Fort Minor “This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill Fifteen percent concentrated the power of will Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain And a hundred percent reason to remember the name” – Mike Shinoda

Above is the chorus of the song. I don’t think I need to say anything more.

Conclusion

Songs are not just words; they are a source of motivation and positivity. These songs helped me when I needed help the most, and they still keep me going. There are more songs in my playlist, but these are the closest to my heart, and I wanted to share them with you. Although, the best way to get positivity out of songs is finding your favorite ones. So, go ahead and start searching for the songs that bring positivity to your life and trust me, this will help a lot.

CONTEST ALERT!

Have a period experience that really stood out for you? Share your story in 150 words or more and get featured on our homepage!

Participate now!