This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by shakeel ahmad. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

It’s Simple. Deepika Padukone Does Not Practice What She Preaches.

More from shakeel ahmad

Is there any marked difference between a politician and a film actor? Of course, but it is not visible. It looks more or less like a ROM (read-only memory) and a RAM (random-access memory) chip. One is meant for permanent storage and another is meant for temporary storage.  Likewise, the tinsel town actors utter something randomly and follow it like the politicians who utter everything for their publicity in the media.

They only endeavour to react at the issues benefitting the political party they owe allegiance to and the actors also open their mouths when they are required to speak for the film’s publicity. This aspect on the part of the politicians when they avoid speaking on certain issues harms them at a particular moment. They do not feel the need to rest in inadvertent diss of the opposition party and its leaders on their remarks on different occasions.

Turning towards the actors – they influence the filmgoers by their unique acting skills and do not lag behind in following double standards time and again. In this regard, the hypocrisy of acclaimed heroine Deepika Padukone comes to the fore. She recently said that she would desist working with anyone accused of sexual harassment.

Speaking to Vogue India, she answered with an emphatic “no” during the query asked to her. She was speaking seriously and denied working with a person accused of sexual misconduct. In her usual way she said, “No, I would not.” It was her instant reaction, but it proved to be disappointing for some, because of the nearly blatant hypocrisy.

As the news of her meeting with a particular controversial individual accused of similar misconduct surfaced, her actual stand was quickly exposed before her die-hard fans and they expressed grievances against her. Her approach to the director accused of sexual harassment by an anonymous woman was enough to show her intent.

Though the accused outrightly denied any wrongdoing, how could the famous actress deny she went to talk about a lead role in his upcoming film?

She appeared a little bit diplomatic and knew how to correct everything in a roundabout style. This is the crafty art that the politicians have their mastery over, but this instance indicates of an actress going their way too. They do start changing their spoken words when they fall into dire straits. They more than often claim distortion of their words or say their statements were misunderstood after the whole thing has circulated widely.

Appearing to be inspired by political minds, actors also seemed to have developed a habit of saying one thing and practising another. Like the politicians, they also conceal their real intention. They usually relate themselves as an entertainer in Bollywood but practically they almost always have an axe to grind. They do not dissuade the income from the acting profession. They are not in the film line for social service, which is easy to fathom through their lavish lifestyle.

At present, the actress is being applauded for her challenging role of an acid attack survivor in Meghna Gulzar’s film Chhapaak which has completed shooting. Besides, she also acted along with her husband Ranveer Singh in a sports drama 1983.

Therefore, she has a lot of distinct roles in her kitty. By chance, if she decides to turn to politics some day, her fans will not be disappointed!

Featured image source: Deepika Padukone/Facebook.

More from shakeel ahmad

By Badshah Prince Patel

By Shraddha Iyer

By pratyush prashant