About the Role:
YKA is looking for a Project Coordinator who has extensive knowledge and expertise in the area of climate change and its related intersections with other social justice issues. The required person will need to have skills to inspire young people across schools, colleges and other networks to challenge themselves and question the world that they live in.
The role would involve developing effective networks with young people with the aim of conducting workshops and events around issues of climate change and pooling together groups of young changemakers who are involved in various aspects of campaigning on the issue. You will be required to ideate the format of the workshops, conduct them and also plan and design events by identifying relevant speakers on the issue of climate change.
Duration: Six months
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- You will be required to work with young people and programme innovative workshop formats for them and develop modules and learning methodologies to capture different intersections between climate change and other social justice issues.
- Identify and invite young individuals from across the country who have an interest in the area of climate-related issues and deliver workshops for them on key aspects related to climate change, and how to run outcome-oriented effective campaigns to impact the conversation on climate change in India.
- Identify and invite young changemakers working in the area of climate change to YKA events on the issue of climate change; mainly with an aim to raise their awareness and understanding levels on the issue of climate change.
- Inform and curate the national and local media narrative by inviting members of the Press, broadcast and online media to establish a strong narrative around climate-related issues.
- Ensuring that all events and workshops get an adequate amount of coverage in the local and national media.
- You must have a strong command in the area of public advocacy work and work with changemakers to empower them with campaigning skills, which helps them develop localised content on issues related to climate change.
- Enable these changemakers to reach out to localised decision-makers, government organisations, support groups and where necessary liaise with them to ensure their campaigns are creating a meaningful purpose and impact.
- You must have strong networks of partner organisations and individuals working in the area of climate change and establish linkages where necessary to further YKA’s discourse on climate-related issues.
- Work with the Campaigns and Editorial team at YKA to ensure that the objectives of the project are being met and the work is of the highest standards of quality at all times.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate across teams to ensure effective delivery of the project objectives.
- You will be required to document all progress/learnings from the workshops/events and prepare a comprehensive report that accounts for all the work done.
- More than 5 years of experience in conducting workshops/events, working with youth-based networks on specific social projects.
- Comfortable working on tight deadlines, managing large scale logistics for workshops/ events, vendor selection and coordination and at the same time maintaining high standards of quality.
- Ability to think on one’s feet, quick decision-making, good communication skills, facilitation and time management skills, including experience of presenting, public speaking and training delivery with an eye for detail will be highly valued traits.
- Ability to collaborate, influence and partner with other internal and external teams
- Excellent networking, written and verbal skills
- Proficient with MS Office, MS Excel
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send in their applications with a copy of their latest CV and relevant links to past works at email@example.com
Last date to Apply: 15th September.
About Youth Ki Awaaz
Youth Ki Awaaz (YKA) is India’s largest, crowdsourced media platform that engages young people on key social justice issues. The YKA community represents young India’s voice on critical issues shaping our world. YKA enables young people to address and engage on important social justice issues that matter to them – through writing and media creation via powerful storytelling, first-person narratives, opinions, experiences, and more.