Patliputra University: Shuttling Between ‘Unavoidable Reasons’ And Cancelled Exams

On May 3, 2019, Patliputra University released its first year undergraduate vocational examination routine for the academic session 2018-21. The examination was scheduled to start from May 25, but on May 22 (three days before the scheduled date of the examination), the university postponed the examination due to some unavoidable reasons. The reasons were not cleared nor made transparent. The students’ patience and hard work was broken up by “unavoidable reasons.”

After three months of long wait, the university again released its routine for conducting its first year undergraduate vocational examination for the second time. The examination was again scheduled to commence from August 30, 2019. But unluckily, the same incident took place again and the examination was again put on hold with two words. In the notice released by university on August 28, 2019 (just two days before examination) the unavoidable reasons were not yet declared.

The Mystery Behind The Words “Unavoidable Reasons”

The unavoidable reasons were kept hidden as the mystery. These reasons must be shared with the students, as they are the ones impacted by it. But, the university never maintained its transparency and kept it a secret. The university officials declared matters when things came into light. In the news published by Hindustan on August 15, 2019, the problem was given attention.

According to the news published by Hindustan, the reason behind the cancellation of examination was an ongoing court case between the university and private colleges.

What Is This Court Case?

The university refused to recognise the admission of the students from such colleges stating that “the affiliation of the colleges was still not confirmed and many processes were pending.”

On the other hand, the college claims that they have completed the whole procedure of affiliation. The university department are not agree on the facts and according to the laws, they are not validating the forms filled by the college students. The college department filed a case against the same in the Patna High Court that is still running, and has not reached any conclusion.

Students Protesting

The students of different colleges are protesting for their voices to be heard. As per the conversation with the concerned authority, there is a protest every day. But, the university is helpless, and their hands are tied with regards to the decisions of the court.

“The students are coming and protesting everyday, but we cannot do anything as the case is still running and it’s in the hand of court. It’s not gonna impact if the students come and protest here, as we are also dependent on the court orders,” the officials said.

Adding to the point, they said that they are also trying their best to conduct the examination and start the the new session. Students from reputed colleges like Anugrah Narayan College, College of Commerce, Sri Guru Gobind Singh College, JD Women’s College and others are contacting and visiting the university campus to get their examinations conducted on time.

Admissions For Academic Session 2019-21

The university after conducting the entrance examination for undergraduate vocational courses, has still not released the counselling and admission notification. The students who have already cracked the test, are still worrying about their admission. The reasons are not declared but it seems that this is because of the delay in examination of the first year students.

Comparing it with last year, the students have already finished their counselling and also got admission in allotted colleges but this year, it seems a bit late. During the visit to the university, one of the officials informed that they are going to declare the counselling and further admission notice within 10 days.

Who Should Be Held Responsible?

Well, the cases are more complicated than it seems. Therefore, it is difficult to hold any one party entirely responsible. On the other hand, there are lots of students who are suffering because of this battle. The university officials are trying to conduct their examination and everything was planned to happen on time, but because of the issue raised, they are too waiting for the order of the court.

With the problems as mentioned here, it is hard to predict anything. Students can only wait. But they are losing hope quickly, as the delay in examination will cause their second year syllabus to be delayed as well.

Featured image source: Patliputra University/Facebook.