This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Raja babu. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

As Team India Faces South Africa, Here’s Who I Think Should Take The Lead

More from Raja babu

The Indian cricket team will take on South Africa in the second T20 match on Wednesday in Mohali after the opening game of their home season (2019-20) was abandoned due to rain in Dharamshala. South African cricket board has appointed Quinton De Kock as their new T20 captain. Both teams will be eyeing at making a strong bench strength for the upcoming T20 world cup.

Here are the probable Indian XI for the second T20 match:

Rohit Sharma

Indian white ball vice-captain and star opener has been in tremendous form since the world cup. He was the highest run scorer in the world cup. He was also great against West Indies as he scored 91 runs in two matches. So, the team management hopes from Rohit to give a electrifying start in this match.

Shikhar Dhawan

This left-handed opener had a terrible T20 series against West-Indies but the team management knows his capacity to give solid start to the Indian innings. Shikhar has scored two half-centuries against South Africa. So, the Indian team will be hoping for a good start of Indian innings from Dhawan along with Rohit Sharma.

Virat Kohli

The Indian skipper is the second highest run scorer in T20 international cricket after his own teammate Rohit Sharma. He has scored 2369 runs with an marvelous average of almost 50. He also holds the record of the most 50+ scores in T20 internationals. His ability to convert a start into a big innings and best shot selection for a particular ball makes him the best batsman in the world.

Rishabh Pant

This wicket-keeper batsman has yet to do justice to his talent in T20 international cricket. He will be the X-factor in the Indian mission to T20 world cup, as Pant has the knack to crush any bowler in the world. This left-handed batsman has proved his talent to hit the ball cruelly in the IPL. It will not be easy for him to replace a legend like Mahendra Singh Dhoni, but I believe this wicket-keeper batsman has a bright future ahead if he improves his shot-selection.

Shreyas Iyer

Though he was not in the playing XI against West-Indies in T20, his performance in the ODI cricket was commendable. So, India might position him ahead of Manish Pandey for a solid middle order ahead of T20 world cup. He will have to fight Manish Pandey for this place as the latter has been scoring mountains of runs for India lately.

Hardik Pandya

Hardik is returning in the blue jersey after a year on Indian soil. He has evolved as an impressive all-rounder in the last two years. He had a magnificent IPL season with Mumbai Indians scoring over 400 runs with a strike rate of 193 and taking 14 wickets with the bowl. So, Hardik will also be the X-factor in the team, as he adds balance to the team with his ability to win the match for the team with both bat and ball.

Krunal Pandya

Krunal has proved his value as a fine all-rounder in the team against West Indies. This Baroda all-rounder was the man of the series in T20 series against West-Indies. Krunal provides the captain both a extra bowler and a batsman. There will be pressure on team selection when Kuldeep and Chahal return to the team.

Ravindra Jadeja

In recent years, Jadeja has been a complete player. He has improved his batting skills and that fearless batting in the semi-final of the world cup against New Zealand was just the tip of the iceberg as far as his batting is concerned. His contribution to fielding often gives India extra 10-15 runs in a match as he is considered the best fielder in the world at this time.

Jadeja’s tight bowling stump to stump often gets the batsman to quit. He adds balance to the team with the lower order batting strength, which has never been the strength of Indian cricket team.

Navdeep Saini

Saini had excellent tour of the West Indies with the ball. Currently, Saini is the fastest bowler in the team. There will be pressure on him as he will be leading the bowling attack with the new ball in the absence of Jasprit Bumrah and Bhuvaneshvar Kumar.

Khaleel Ahmed

Khaleel did exceptionally well with the ball on the tour of West-Indies. He gives variety to Indian bowling, as he is the only left-arm fast bowler in the team. Khaleel had also a good season with Sunrisers Hyderabad in the IPL.

Deepak Chahar

Chahar’s ability to swing the ball both ways makes him a prominent choice in the playing XI. He was too good with both the new and the old ball on the West Indies tour. He had a fantastic season with Chennai Super Kings in the IPL.

Featured image source: Indian Cricket Team/Facebook.

More from Raja babu

By Samir Debbarma | Adivasi Awaaz Creator

By S.Ramarajan | Adivasi Awaaz Creator

By Santoshi Pando | Adivasi Awaaz Creator