This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Kunal Bansal Chandigarh. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

5 Things Stephen Hawking Said That Will Motivate You To Chase Your Dreams

More from Kunal Bansal Chandigarh

Stephen William Hawking was an English cosmologist, theoretical physicist, and author. He was also the Director of Research at the Centre of Theoretical Cosmology at the University of Cambridge in his final years. The story of Stephen Hawking is inspiring.

The man is a personification of the phrase “never give up.” Till his last breath, he kept hustling and used his knowledge to become a living legend. Hawking published a lot of books throughout his lifetime which helped a lot of people (including me) in gaining much-needed knowledge about the universe and many other things.

Unfortunately, Stephen William Hawking passed away on March 14, 2018 due to Lou Gehrig’s disease. That day, we lost a pure genius and it was a very sad day for the whole world.

Hawking is still remembered to this day. His words will always be here and they will keep inspiring us. So, here are some quotes that may help you in learning a thing or two:

1) “Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

Many people don’t know how to adapt to the changes around them and some find it very challenging. Hawking conveyed the message that the capability of becoming habitual and acceptable towards changes is known as intelligence. The more a person knows how to adapt to their surroundings and other changes around them, the more is their level of intelligence. So, we must learn how to adapt to each and every change in our life in order to live a life of peace and harmony.

2) “Life would be tragic if it weren’t funny.”

There’s a lot we go through every day if not every second. And the only thing that keeps us positive through these situations, is humour. It is an essential part of life as it helps you in keeping a positive mindset even in the harshest conditions. No matter what you’re going through, a good joke is enough to tickle your funny bones.

3) “I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

A statement that sounds very simple when you hear it in your mind for the first time. However, it has a very deep meaning if you think about it. You have the ability to change or improve anything and everything that happens in your life. We can take the example of Hawking himself, he never gave up and did exactly what he wanted to do. Nothing that came his way ever stopped him from achieving greatness. So, why must anything stop us?

4) “We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special.”

That’s a question that pops up in everyone’s mind at least once in their lifetime… who has the ability to achieve anything and everything in life? The answer is… you, my friend!

Yes, if you think about it, we are just a tiny fragment of a humungous and possibly expanding Universe and yet, we are able to understand a lot of aspects about it. If this doesn’t motivate you to achieve what you want to achieve, then I don’t know what will.

5) “People won’t have time for you if you are always angry or complaining.”

There’s a very simple and understandable meaning of this statement, be humble. If you continue to talk rashly, or keep complaining, people will most definitely avoid you. And that will make you even more frustrated.

So, treat everyone with the respect they deserve and stay in harmony. Always try to listen before you act or speak.

Note: This article was first published here.

More from Kunal Bansal Chandigarh

By Jithu thomas

By Ethico India

By Nitya Sriram