This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Kunal Bansal Chandigarh. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

5 Quotes By Bill Gates To Inspire You To Become A Successful Leader

More from Kunal Bansal Chandigarh

Bill Gates, the founder of Microsoft, is the second richest person in the world and with good reason. And if you have seen such immense success in your life, it’s normal for you to be wise. Bill Gates is also known for inspiring a lot of people with his legacy and wise words. Not only is he one of the richest men in the entire world, but he is also one of the most quotable.

Bill Gates started coding at the age of 13 and has set an example for everyone who wanted to start early in their lives. I am personally very inspired by this great man and I want to share some of his quotes that inspire me. So, here goes.

1. “Your Most Unhappy Customers Are Your Greatest Source Of Learning”

Feedback is very important if you are providing any kind of product or service. While positive feedback can motivate you to work with more enthusiasm, negative feedback can have an impact equal to about 20 positive ones. Negative feedback can make you look at where your product or service is lacking, which in turn will help you in improving a lot. It’s a reiteration of the popular phrase “learn from your mistakes”. Only here, someone is pointing out your mistakes.

2. “Life Is Not Fair, Get Used To It”

I have heard many people complaining about life not being fair and blaming their unproductivity on the unfortunate things that happen to them. Bill Gates is an exception to these people as he has accepted the fact that life is not fair. Just imagine, he is the second richest person in the world and he is saying that life isn’t fair. Talk about motivation. This shows that Bill Gates is determined to be successful no matter what, and that’s what we all must follow.

3. “As We Look Ahead Into The Next Century, Leaders Will Be Those Who Empower Others.”

What Bill Gates says here is golden. A leader must be someone who empowers others and not someone who just gives orders to their team. People always want to look up to their leaders and see a person that they get inspired by, not someone who they are scared of. This is because if someone is scared of you, they will hate you when you won’t be around. And if people hate you, they won’t be inspired by you and you will fail to set a good example for them. So, the way to be a good leader is to empower others to do better.

4. “Technology Is Just A Tool. In Terms Of Getting The Kids Working Together And Motivating Them, The Teacher Is The Most Important”

You cannot expect someone to learn something by just providing them with a tool. One must explain how to use the tool and where to use it. This is the proper way to introduce something new to people and it must be done this way. Just imagine, you are given something to do and you are left with no instructions at all on how to use it or what to do with it. You won’t be able to use it productively. Bill Gates is alluding to the internet here, to get this point across.

5. “Don’t Compare Yourself With Anyone In This World. If You Do So, You Are Insulting Yourself”

Comparing yourself with anyone is this world is the worst thing you could do to yourself. Everyone is special in their unique way and if you compare yourself with anyone, you are doubting your uniqueness. So never do that. Also, if you compare yourself to someone who is at a higher position or has more money than you, there is a possibility that your self-esteem and confidence will see a drop. The person who you think is better than you now, has been at the same spot as you, at some point in their life. Don’t compare yourself with anyone. Anyone can achieve anything in this world, and so can you!

Featured Image Credit: Wikimedia Commons

More from Kunal Bansal Chandigarh

By Shreya Sharma

By Subhajit Murmu

By Pallabi Ghosh